ADVERTISEMENT

A look at TX athletics over the last year

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
First of all although our men's hoops teams have underachieved we beat KSU tonight in our conference opener. And I don't give a damn if one of their stars didn't play we won. With a new ad Shaka Smart is on the clock and they may surprise us. And our women's team is competitive.

The baseball team made the CWS. We didn't get the results we wanted but I feel good about the direction of the program.

There isn't anything about the fb team that hasn't already been said.

The thing is for the first time in a long time were playing in big games again and obviously not just fb and baseball. And it feels great to see it.

HookemHorns

Polly-anna----- just slow down. We are claiming back. Rome wasn't built in a day. It sure as heck won't be re-built in one either.

I'm tired of your bs.
Most of us blew the Shaka hire-- yours truly included. I just don't think we can get to the level of basketball that the one and done-rs will line uo to play for. With baseball and football, we are moving in the right direction. But you and I both know-- at Texas, we want rings.

Most of us blew the Shaka hire-- yours truly included. I just don't think we can get to the level of basketball that the one and done-rs will line uo to play for. With baseball and football, we are moving in the right direction. But you and I both know-- at Texas, we want rings.

Of course we do. We've been down in fb for a long time and the journey back to the top is as exciting as winning it all. And I have no doubt that Tom Herman, and David Pierce will take us to the top. I also think Karen Aston is capable she's improved the team every year. I would love to see her take down Kim Mulkey and win the Big XII this year.

HookemHorns

Of course we do. We've been down in fb for a long time and the journey back to the top is as exciting as winning it all. And I have no doubt that Tom Herman, and David Pierce will take us to the top. I also think Karen Aston is capable she's improved the team every year. I would love to see her take down Kim Mulkey and win the Big XII this year.

HookemHorns
Honestly I think what it is goes a little something like this---- remember when Michael Keaton was the biggest star in Hollywood? Dude was BATMAN. He was a Rockstar. King of the hill. Then all the sudden in the blink of an eye, poof, he was gone. He vanished. And years and years later he re-emergence happens and he wins an oscar--- he's back on top again--- but it was too much too fast and he's flirting with falling back into the blackhole of relevancy.

I don't want us to do the same. Our expectations have to be measured. We have long been an outstanding university both on and off the field. I think we both agree that we want this to continue. I'm happy as fvck that we stuck it in jawja and broke it off-- right now on Paul feinbaum there are callers calling for Kirby smart's job. Think about that. I simply don't want us to get "over our skis" too far as a program and those expectations start with people like you and people like me: the fans and the alumni.

Slow and steady wins the race brother and I think if we maintain that trajectory, in a couple of seasons our complaints won't be about losses, but instead about why we won by 20 instead of 30---- and that's the kinds of problems I like having.

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT