ADVERTISEMENT

Another Texas Longhorn is going to win a SB ring next Sunday

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
The New England Patriots feature former Texas AA Malcolm Brown at a dt slot

The Atlanta Falcons oc is former UT receiver Kyle Shanahan

Hookem Malcolm and Kyle

Isn't Kyle Shanahan expected to be offered the 49ers HC job? Or maybe has already?

From what I have heard, it is all but formally announced. The 49er's are waiting until after the Super Bowl to announce as to not take away from his last game with the Falcons. Also an interesting hire is that of John Lynch as the GM for the 49ers. No prior GM experience but has been an analyst for a few years.

If I'm not mistaken the last 8 super bowls a longhorn has played in it

Since SB 32 (scr*w roman numerals : ) A lot of Texas Longhorns have at least played, or won a SB ring. Some of them Dan Neil, and Casey Hampton have won 2.

Good luck to Kyle if he's going to get the 49ers job. He's about to find out one thing. The York's are a couple of fn morons when it comes to running a fb team.

From what I have heard, it is all but formally announced. The 49er's are waiting until after the Super Bowl to announce as to not take away from his last game with the Falcons. Also an interesting hire is that of John Lynch as the GM for the 49ers. No prior GM experience but has been an analyst for a few years.

It probably doesn't mean much but fwiw, John Lynch went to Stanford which is not far from where the 49ers play. Who knows he may turn out to be a great gm even without experience.

It probably doesn't mean much but fwiw, John Lynch went to Stanford which is not far from where the 49ers play. Who knows he may turn out to be a great gm even without experience.

He might, but it makes a lot of sense why some coaches would be hesitant to take the job. It seemed for a while that the job would go to Josh McDaniels but his wife didn't want to uproot their four kids to move across the country unless it was a long term move. The 49ers have been everything but that recently.

Plus, McDaniels already got fired in Denver. The list of coaches getting a third head coaching job after being let go twice isn't very long. Because of that, I sure wouldn't bet my coaching future on Lynch.

Since SB 32 (scr*w roman numerals : ) A lot of Texas Longhorns have at least played, or won a SB ring. Some of them Dan Neil, and Casey Hampton have won 2.

Good luck to Kyle if he's going to get the 49ers job. He's about to find out one thing. The York's are a couple of fn morons when it comes to running a fb team.

Garrett Gilbert has one

Garrett Gilbert has one

I know he's one of us, but it's hard for me to give credit to someone who didn't even play a down, wasn't even on the active roster.

I wonder how many Longhorn were on SB champion teams. I don't have the time to investigate. I know the Joe Namath SB team had a quite a few Horns on that team. And now that I think of it Tom Landry would have to be on the list since he coached a couple of teams. I do know there were no Horns on the Broncos.

and so were down to one. College fb season is over, and so is nsd. The NFL is down to one game the SB. And it's being played in my home state. I've heard that SB week is a star studded gala. What's Houston like this week? When the SB is over so is fb season. Once again

ATL 41
NEP 38

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT