Anyone been scammed lately?

Tex51

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Almost got scammed today on the phone and Thank God I caught on to him before he went any further. My outlook went down so I wasn't receiving emails
and I forgot the tech company number I always use sO I searched on line and got the number. This Indian dude answered the phone and quickly started asking me all these questions,
when I wasn't able to answer all them correctly he asked if he could remote onto my desktop and I said sure like I always have before except this time he had me download a website
and once he got on he said he needed me to log into Best Buy account as they were partner with this company and that's where I caught on to him pulling his scam.

Somehow they are using a third party company to pull your information and then using it to get into your emails and then bank accounts. When I kept asking him why they would
work through Best Buy over and over and I didn't understand the connection he started to panic and get irritated.
I finally called him out for pulling a scam and told him I was going to contact the police and he quickly hung up.

Man I can now see how easy and convincing these crooks are when talking to older folks as you can easily give them too much information and they get in and wipe your bank accounts out.

Lesson learned and I called my bank and they said this is a new scam they are running now Beware out there it's getting worse by the day.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.