ADVERTISEMENT

*Astros at Nationals - Official Thread*

Big Hudge

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2001
We suck until we don't.

Same goes for Abreu.

And unfortunately same for Hader. I expect this all to change except for Abreu who needs a change of scenery. Or perhaps we just need the scenery change as he has become unwatchable.

There are some positives to consider. Pena is looking like his new swing might stick. Javier looks to have reclaimed his old form. Altuve didn't let the big contract get in the way of his journey to Cooperstown and possibly 3000. Ronel "f'ng" Blanco. And tonight we get JV back. So, there's that. Also, keep an eye on Pedro Leon with both Chas and Meyers struggling at the plate.

At first pitch tonight, we sit 5 back of the Rangers who could have run away with the division with even modest play. But they haven't. So, here's to hoping they missed a big opportunity.

Maybe all we really need is the Houston Chronicle to run an article with a tombstone burying us in April. It worked in 2005, but we were 14 games under .500 on June 1st, so it may be just a bit early to write this team off.

Anyhow, the schedule has been brutal, which was certainly complicated by injuries and slow starts. I expect them to start righting the ship sooner than later. Here are the weekend matchups against the Nationals:

Friday: 6:45 p.m.
JV (0-0; 0.00)
Gore (2-0; 2.81)

Saturday: 4:05 p.m.
Blanco (2-0; .86)
Williams (2-0; 3.45)

Sunday: 1:35 p.m.
Javier (2-0; 1.54)
Parker (1-0; 3.60)

Gonna be in the air on my way back from NYC during the game, so I am hoping the positive vibes on this board get some momentum going, although I do worry about JV in his first couple of starts.

Let's go Astros!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News