ADVERTISEMENT

ATM says they aren't our rivals....(OU was always our biggest rival anyway), yet they can't quit us

jsto60

Sep 3, 2005
http://texas.247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-AM-scoreboard-operator-trolls-Texas-40327192

Not only did their scoreboard operator troll us (all while they are getting whipped by Bama yet again at home). And apparently during their big game, they chanted "we're not rivals" as the 2 week old score of the UT game came up. You can't make up the continued level of embarrassing and contradictory stuff that they do annually.

There are Texas A&M fans out there who claim that Texas is no longer a rival. The scoreboard operator at Kyle Field is apparently not one of those people.

It must have taken some effort to include that score: Texas is on bye this week, so it *might* have made sense to include the Longhorns’ most recent game … maybe. But remember: the most recent Longhorn outing ended in a ‘W,’ as Texas beat Oklahoma 24-17. So the scoreboard operator had no incentive to list the TCU score, except as a dig at Texas.

Not a rivalry, indeed.

Reactions: LonghornSoldier
http://texas.247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-AM-scoreboard-operator-trolls-Texas-40327192

Not only did their scoreboard operator troll us (all while they are getting whipped by Bama yet again at home). And apparently during their big game, they chanted "we're not rivals" as the 2 week old score of the UT game came up. You can't make up the continued level of embarrassing and contradictory stuff that they do annually.

There are Texas A&M fans out there who claim that Texas is no longer a rival. The scoreboard operator at Kyle Field is apparently not one of those people.

It must have taken some effort to include that score: Texas is on bye this week, so it *might* have made sense to include the Longhorns’ most recent game … maybe. But remember: the most recent Longhorn outing ended in a ‘W,’ as Texas beat Oklahoma 24-17. So the scoreboard operator had no incentive to list the TCU score, except as a dig at Texas.

Not a rivalry, indeed.

well..every time they scanned the crowd there were hundreds of aggot dorks doing the horns down...ya...no obsession there. They are playing alabama and sawing the horns...aggot jokes write themselves..

That is why they will never win anything, they care more about the team they could never beat than the team right in front of them.

I watched parts of that game last night on my cell phone. It was "borderline homoerotic".

I too like to consume my time with things I consider truly irrelevant. :rolleyes:

I think that is the point.

A score from two weeks ago is irrelevant, but yet your school felt the need to flash it. And it got your crowd all roudy and excited.

I personally think it's funny, in a game you are getting blown out of, you still find time to talk about Texas from 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for the free rental space we occupy in your collective heads

Does this type of obsession happen to any other schools that don't even play each other? When we were it made sense but now that we're a few years since our divorce it's just embarrassing.

Reactions: jsto60
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT