ADVERTISEMENT

Breckyn "The Hagernade" Hager

Godz40Acrez

Dec 27, 2005
Somewhere undetectable by the NSA
What Longhorn fan doesn't love the intensity, tenacity, recklessness, and violence of Breckyn Hager? Take a gander at some Hager highlights from last season – the proof is in the pounding....

Then there was the softer side of The Hagernade on display when he guested on LHN's National Signing Day broadcast with comments about Cecil Cherry, leveling someone without wearing pads, taking the defense by the throat – you know, the mellow maniac.

If Hollywood were to make a movie about this Texas treasure, I think it would be titled, "The Tale of Sir Breckalot."

Reactions: HornsRuleU
Love this guys passion. Interesting that he said that it's being run like a college football team should be.

As I've said before, we need these Hagers to reproduce, and for Texas to have the foresight to sign each male and maybe some of the females.

The announcers can't seem to decide whether to call him Breckyn, Brecklin, or Becklin. I have a feeling they'll figure it out soon.

Last edited:
i like this dude. i like roach. i liked blueitt (he deserved better). intense dudes

honestly...I have been waiting for this pot to boil for two years now. I want to see some production out of all this supposed talent that we have been stockpiling.Did Strong just sell us a bill of goods or was he so poor at coaching that he couldnt get them to play for him? I hope it is the latter and we get to see these guys Blossom to greatness. Hager...Malik...Boyd...Elliot...Davis...can they play or not? They aint young any more

honestly...I have been waiting for this pot to boil for two years now. I want to see some production out of all this supposed talent that we have been stockpiling.Did Strong just sell us a bill of goods or was he so poor at coaching that he couldnt get them to play for him? I hope it is the latter and we get to see these guys Blossom to greatness. Hager...Malik...Boyd...Elliot...Davis...can they play or not? They aint young any more

The young talent pot is one that takes a long time to boil. It takes 1 full season for a player to gain 1 season's worth of experience. When players are forced into starting roles before they are ready, the process can be even slower. Look at the scholarship chart, we still only have 11 seniors. But we should see the pay off this next season, from our experienced juniors and sophomores (all 47 of them). I think we would have continued to improve under Strong next season based on that growth alone. If Orlando and Herman can get these guys firing on all cylinders, the improvement could be even more significant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT