ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to the Longhorns

Thanks. Hoping this win will propel these guys to finish the season with a positive note building to a successful 2016 campaign.

If you chose to miss this game, you should be kicking your own ass right now.

Thoroughly dominating win. Your guys wanted it more than our guys.

Congrats on a great win.

The first TD by Johnson a couple of OU defenders just tried to shove him out if bounds. After that one play, I knew the had the game.

With the air raid crap get ready for a wussy defense for years to come. The Horns are now going to dominate the series!

Reactions: Dogged Horn
I haven't missed a Texas/OU game since I saw my first one in 1965. I've always pulled for Texas and I'm still smiling ear to ear. Congrats on a huge win and Hook 'em Horns!

Congrats on a great win.
This is the most surprising win I have ever seen from Texas in the RRR.....I did not give us much of a chance. Glad I was wrong.

This is the most surprising win I have ever seen from Texas in the RRR.....I did not give us much of a chance. Glad I was wrong.

Not for me, Biggest surprise was 88 when Gardere was a freshmen I believe that was the year after Switzer was fired. This would rank #2 is surprising wins.

I wanted to post yesterday but the site wouldn't let me. Congrats to the Horns, Charlie, and all you fans. That was an awesome win. I was jumping up and down around my living room like I was a Longhorn. Yet I am not. I am a Gator. You guys have a GREAT coach. And a great program that WILL be back soon. It can't always be on top. We know this ourselves very well at Florida. But Saturday I couldn't have been happier for your program.

The Gardere win was more of a surprise. I'd even put the Case win on Macks way out the door 2 yrs ago as a bigger surprise too.

I wanted to post yesterday but the site wouldn't let me. Congrats to the Horns, Charlie, and all you fans. That was an awesome win. I was jumping up and down around my living room like I was a Longhorn. Yet I am not. I am a Gator. You guys have a GREAT coach. And a great program that WILL be back soon. It can't always be on top. We know this ourselves very well at Florida. But Saturday I couldn't have been happier for your program.

Thanks for the post! Unfortunately, we have a lot of fans who refuse to understand just how big of a mess Charlie walked into here. Hopefully the people that matter do understand.

Missed it. Been watching the Cubs winning post season games though. So there's that.

Solid post as usual, Micco.

Congrats on a great win.

Micco, great post...you're a class act with thoughful and respectful posts. I honestly thought you guys would trounce us.

Let me ask you this....do you think Stoops is on the hotseat? There doesn't seem to be a lot of progess at the moment. Mayfield played pretty well....but I don't think your problems are the QB. Football is a shoving match and the last three years we've won the shoving match....last year we made mistakes....

I went to the game Saturday with my brother who is a Texas Alum.
The only Sooner fan among hundreds of Longhorn fans, They were
yankin' my chain the whole game, more so when it was over.
All in fun and I met some really nice and cordial fans.

Micco, great post...you're a class act with thoughful and respectful posts. I honestly thought you guys would trounce us.

Let me ask you this....do you think Stoops is on the hotseat? There doesn't seem to be a lot of progess at the moment. Mayfield played pretty well....but I don't think your problems are the QB. Football is a shoving match and the last three years we've won the shoving match....last year we made mistakes....
1) Gracias.

2) Bob Stoops? No. Unless he refuses to release his brother by the end of the year. Then very much yes. Mike is/should be on the hot seat. He needs to go. The problem is...who does Bob go after? It'll be someone who has the same defensive mind as both Bob and Mike. And therein lies the rub. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't. Mike's an outstanding coordinator (usually) for non-spread offenses. He'd kill in the SEC. What if we got someone worse? I'm willing to gamble on that, but I also recognize that possibility.

1) Gracias.

2) Bob Stoops? No. Unless he refuses to release his brother by the end of the year. Then very much yes. Mike is/should be on the hot seat. He needs to go. The problem is...who does Bob go after? It'll be someone who has the same defensive mind as both Bob and Mike. And therein lies the rub. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't. Mike's an outstanding coordinator (usually) for non-spread offenses. He'd kill in the SEC. What if we got someone worse? I'm willing to gamble on that, but I also recognize that possibility.

Forgot to thank you for your always-classy posts after responding to the Gator fan above.

Hard to believe that this is the same Mike Stoops that used to decimate Leach's offenses in the early 2000s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT