ADVERTISEMENT

Daje out this weekend...

madcow12

Jan 13, 2010
From t...

Inside Texas
saying WR Daje Johnson will not play this weekend

Too bad. His issues with bad decisions and ball security seem much improved. What a kick returner.

Has he really contributed anything with all his "speed"?

Has he really contributed anything with all his "speed"?
Why do you got to get so down on Daje?

Receiving 14 Rec for 201 Yards. 14.4 AYP
Return Punt Yards 9 for 158 yards, 1 TD
Kickoff Return 9 for 196 yards

He was on pace for one of his best years at Texas. I'm sorry, but the TCU defender put his hat right on Daje and made a good hit. Yes, he fumbled, but I'm not sure anyone else could have survived that hit. Why beat him down? It was obvious to me that he has had a change in attitude, and want to be a part of this team. Now he is hurt so you put him down? As a "former" player, I would think you would be above this.

Opponents were kicking away from him. That's going to cause mistakes.

Here we go again....

Yup. Tired of "former" players bashing our players, tired of anyone bashing our players. They are frigging kids. Do they need to be accountable? Yes. But there is so much more to being accountable than how you perform on a football field. Daje has started this year pretty good in my mind, and a "former" player bashing that is just trash for me. If you don't like it, have me banned.

Yup. Tired of "former" players bashing our players, tired of anyone bashing our players. They are frigging kids. Do they need to be accountable? Yes. But there is so much more to being accountable than how you perform on a football field. Daje has started this year pretty good in my mind, and a "former" player bashing that is just trash for me. If you don't like it, have me banned.

Calm down nobody is getting banned. Player bashing will be there, a good example is Dylan. Now that kid doesn't need to be on the field.

Calm down nobody is getting banned. Player bashing will be there, a good example is Dylan. Now that kid doesn't need to be on the field.

I'm calm. But bashing Dylan is not the answer. And I mean that in it is not his choice to be on the field. It's the coaches. Bash the coaches. Not the kids. The coaches decide who is on the field. The coaches decide and coach how they play.

I'm calm. But bashing Dylan is not the answer. And I mean that in it is not his choice to be on the field. It's the coaches. Bash the coaches. Not the kids. The coaches decide who is on the field. The coaches decide and coach how they play.

There has been bashing on both sides. We are all unhappy campers right now. IF we were 4-0 right now going into Saturdays game I bet there wouldn't be any bashing of coaches or players on this board. But this is just how it is at this moment. It sucks and we shouldn't bash but we do.

I thought Johnson was doing good as well and like txn said. Teams were kicking away from him because he was a sick returning the ball. When the last time we seen that on the 40. I think he does need to get better catching the ball and so does marcus(too many drops).

Stop calling them kids, they aren't kids, they are young men, but not kids. Mack called them kids, Mack babied them, and freed them from such burdens as responsibility and accountability.

Can't stand that word when talking about college men.

People referring to young men as kids is a big pet peeve of mind as well. It can be done jokingly to emphasize that they are young, but too many people really believe it and use it as a basis to not hold someone accountable. It's not just limited to college athletics either.

I asked a question. Has he contributed on the level we expected? That's a FAR cry from bashing. I would expect if you asked daje the same question he would answer with a resounding "no".

On another note, if you ever catch me on here "bashing" anyone in burnt orange that doesn't collect a paycheck, please point it out. Methinks you'll be waiting a while. And in the interim, please refrain from putting words in my mouth or extroplating out false occurrences.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT