ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Horn Athletes

vculou

Jun 26, 2010
Virginia
I'm just an Ex who cares about Texas and every one of you. I want to again caution you about the temptations and dangers you face as young men and women. I know that all the really stupid things I did in my life I did when I was young, like you.
The swimmers in Rio apparently went out to blow off some steam and enjoy the night after years of hard work. Dang, now the results will be that the endorsements worth huge bucks have dissolved over night. Phew, my heart is with you, my spirit is with you, and God willing my common sense will pop up when you need it. Be safe and be smart. Hundreds of thousands of us Exes are pulling for you. Hookem.

Being stupid is one thing. Lying about it to cover your stupidity is another. Lying about it and saying you were robbed in a violent fashion is just plain retarded.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Here's what I gather happened that night:

The Olympians are drunk, and want to urinate. They tell their taxi driver to pull over. He finds the gas station. They believe a bathroom is behind a locked door, and it is. They can't get anyone to open it, since they can't communicate, or maybe since they're acting like drunk foreigners / entitled superhumans.

They yank the door off its hinges. They don't, however, smash up the bathroom, as the Rio civil police chief Fernando Veloso later claims. Lochte further vandalizes the gas station by loudly yanking a sign off the wall.

Lochte is attracting attention, and security guards show up, flashing security badges. The vandals try to pee behind some bushes and return to the taxi, which is waiting. Guards flash their guns, (possibly) forcing them to exit the taxi. Things get a little tense, since no one can communicate. A good Samaritan, Fernando Deluz, knows good English, and is willing to translate.

The guards don't want them trying to flee again, and force the swimmers to sit. The guards remain concerned that these huge foreigners are going to flee, and have to flash their guns more than once. Lochte gets up, yelling at the armed guards in rapid English, which doesn't help things. o_O UGA Bulldog Bentz and Longhorn Conger try to pull Lochte down, and calm him. The translator Deluz is also trying to calm Lochte, and get them to slow down their English so he can have time to translate. One of them (Texas-Ex Feigen?) is terrified, and isn't saying anything.

The guards demand compensation for the vandalism. Our "upstanding" Olympians have $20 American and $35 worth of Brazilian money, and pay that. The guards tell translator Deluz that it's enough.

Within an hour, they decide the whole story is hilarious, and quickly start embellishing, especially Lochte on Twitter. Despite being drunk and somewhat confused during the entire ordeal (of their own making), they still have their wallets, credit cards, phones and everything. Therefore, they know more and more B.S. is creeping into the story, but each is telling a different version.

Or something along those lines...

Reactions: oldhorn2
Hey I've got a great idea----

Let's go to a third world country full of really hot chicks, 31 flavors of VD, a place where we don't speak the language, crime is rampant, and corruption is everywhere- then let's get drunk out if our minds, maybe try some local drugs, act like total a$$hats, urinate in public, break some sh!t because, you know, we're drunk, bada$$ swimmers who can whip anybody in a bar fight--- then when somebody calls us on our sh!t and makes us stop acting like clown shoes, let's just make some sh!t up to make us look like victims (but still bada$$es because it took dudes with GUNS to finally stop us) and then say they jacked us for our money.

Who's coming with me??

I was wondering how strong the punishment will be. I hope Conger doesn't get banned from the next olympics. I couldn't care less about Lochte since he has a ton of medals already and has experienced a great run.

I was wondering how strong the punishment will be. I hope Conger doesn't get banned from the next olympics. I couldn't care less about Lochte since he has a ton of medals already and has experienced a great run.

I doubt very seriously any of them is facing a ban from the 2020 Olympics. It is likely they will get some form of a suspension, but likely short in duration.

Hey I've got a great idea----

Let's go to a third world country full of really hot chicks, 31 flavors of VD, a place where we don't speak the language, crime is rampant, and corruption is everywhere- then let's get drunk out if our minds, maybe try some local drugs, act like total a$$hats, urinate in public, break some sh!t because, you know, we're drunk, bada$$ swimmers who can whip anybody in a bar fight--- then when somebody calls us on our sh!t and makes us stop acting like clown shoes, let's just make some sh!t up to make us look like victims (but still bada$$es because it took dudes with GUNS to finally stop us) and then say they jacked us for our money.

Who's coming with me??
It is funny that we are giving freaking swimmers this much air time. Lochte is a douche. I knew when they showed him on tv with his dyed hair he was douchey.

Because we can trust your hairstyle prejudices, Belldozer, to decide who is "douchey"?

You're right, though, that Lochte is a total douche. He was the troublemaker. He pulled the sign down, bringing the security. (It's not 100% clear that an Olympian pulled down the bathroom door; that might just be rumor.) Lochte is also the one who got up and started shouting in English (obscenities?) at the guards, who were armed. He comes across like an angry drunk. :confused::mad:

The tale probably sprang from being drunk, too. It's zero surprise that in Lochte's version their encounter turned into a "robbery at gunpoint," with Lochte as the "real man" who stands up to the fake cops, refusing to lay on his face, until they put the gun to his temple, and only then he backs down.

His telling of the story is extremely douchey. You go out with your buddies, bring trouble down on them, and then tell a story that (you think) makes you look tough, and them like wimps. Decidedly douchey.

Wine leads to mocking and beer to brawling; whoever is led astray by them is unwise. Proverbs 20:1

Lochte is totally getting exposed by Matt Lauer on tv right now and is still not admitting they weren't robbed. What a douche.

Lochte is totally getting exposed by Matt Lauer on tv right now and is still not admitting they weren't robbed. What a douche.

Because they were robbed in his mind. And I agree.

There are two distinct different wrongs that took place, & people want to act like there can be only one right & one wrong.

1) Lochte is a D-Bag who vandalized a bathroom & tried to act like a cool guy afterwards. Misdemeanor. Idiot.

2) Four people got a gun pulled on them & were told the couldn't leave. Felony.
Money exchange or not, even in Brazil it is a felony to hold someone at gunpoint & not allow them to leave.

Bonus Wrong: The Rio police covered it up. They even let it slip a gun was pulled, even though you don't see one in the tape. The tape is magically missing minutes where the swimmers are being held at gunpoint.

Double Bonus Wrong: The judge had no legal right to pull the two swimmers off the plane since even the police classified them as "witnesses." And even if "suspects," according to reports, ZERO passports had been pulled the last five years by this judge for misdemeanors. But theirs were?

Is Lochte an idiot? Yes.

But the reality is that Rio police/courts made this a personal vendetta against the four Americans to make their own corrupt city look better. And they broke laws to do it. Typical Brazil.

Lochte & the other three will be fine & live happy, wealthy lives in America. We will all joke about it for years.
The Rio police/courts will continue to be corrupt & hurt their own citizens.

That is what happened here.

Because they were robbed in his mind. And I agree.

There are two distinct different wrongs that took place, & people want to act like there can be only one right & one wrong.

1) Lochte is a D-Bag who vandalized a bathroom & tried to act like a cool guy afterwards. Misdemeanor. Idiot.

2) Four people got a gun pulled on them & were told the couldn't leave. Felony.
Money exchange or not, even in Brazil it is a felony to hold someone at gunpoint & not allow them to leave.

Bonus Wrong: The Rio police covered it up. They even let it slip a gun was pulled, even though you don't see one in the tape. The tape is magically missing minutes where the swimmers are being held at gunpoint.

Double Bonus Wrong: The judge had no legal right to pull the two swimmers off the plane since even the police classified them as "witnesses." And even if "suspects," according to reports, ZERO passports had been pulled the last five years by this judge for misdemeanors. But theirs were?

Is Lochte an idiot? Yes.

But the reality is that Rio police/courts made this a personal vendetta against the four Americans to make their own corrupt city look better. And they broke laws to do it. Typical Brazil.

Lochte & the other three will be fine & live happy, wealthy lives in America. We will all joke about it for years.
The Rio police/courts will continue to be corrupt & hurt their own citizens.

That is what happened here.
NDFarley you seem like a nice guy and you can agree with Lochte all you want but in my opinion when you are pulling the shenanigans he was, I don't blame security for pulling a gun, if they in fact actually did. Reports are he got into a confrontation with one of them. Have you read all of the developments? It appears that maybe you haven't. Dude didn't get robbed. They demanded he fork over dough to cover the expenses of his vandalism. He's just being stubborn and trying to save face by acting like "duh all I know is that they were demanding money so call it what you want" Well like Lauer pointed out directly to his face, they were demanding money because of Lochte's direct actions. I hope he gets banned for a while.

He won't. This is a "victim mentality" and "entitlement mentality" society we live in now.

Allow me to explain from a different perspective:

"So there I was chillin in the club with my team. We were out partying because we knew our football team was good enough to make the playoffs this year. Ya, I'm not 21 but you know, I play football at OU so the rules ain't for me, you know. All the sudden, this white girl walks up and calls me a n***** to my face so ya, she got knocked the fvck out. You don't call me names like that. That's racism."

See how that works? Entitlement followed by victim.

Ryan deushecanoe is no different.

He won't. This is a "victim mentality" and "entitlement mentality" society we live in now.

Allow me to explain from a different perspective:

"So there I was chillin in the club with my team. We were out partying because we knew our football team was good enough to make the playoffs this year. Ya, I'm not 21 but you know, I play football at OU so the rules ain't for me, you know. All the sudden, this white girl walks up and calls me a n***** to my face so ya, she got knocked the fvck out. You don't call me names like that. That's racism."

See how that works? Entitlement followed by victim.

Ryan deushecanoe is no different.
Well considering the guy is representing the USA on the national stage puts it in a little bigger picture than your Mixon analogy. Using your analogy he needs to be prosecuted and let the chips fall where they may. A suspension just like I called for should suffice.

Well considering the guy is representing the USA on the national stage puts it in a little bigger picture than your Mixon analogy. Using your analogy he needs to be prosecuted and let the chips fall where they may. A suspension just like I called for should suffice.
Bell, let's be real here. What sport do people watch more of? College football or swimming? (rhetorical question alert!)
I'm not singling out Mixon- I'm using his infraction to prove a point. We have become a society of ZERO accountability if you're perceived to be a HAVE instead of a have not. It's systemic in our culture from our leadership, through our banking system, through Hollywood and athletics. There are two sets of rules for the HAVE's of the world. If they are able to shed their entitlement halo and exchange that for some victimhood- then they win again. All the while, they avoid accountability.
Johnny manziel is a victim of public scrutiny.
Miley Cyrus is a victim of her own fame.
Justin beiber is a victim of haters.
Hillary is a victim of a right wing conspiracy.

Do you see what I mean? Entitled people with zero accountability that play the victim card when they need your sympathy.

Don't compare Lochte to Mixon. Lochte may be a perpetual frat boy and a dishonest moron, but he didn't hurt anybody, especially a girl's face. Mixon is a POS human being as are those who continue to absolve him of guilt for football Ws.

NDFarley you seem like a nice guy and you can agree with Lochte all you want but in my opinion when you are pulling the shenanigans he was, I don't blame security for pulling a gun, if they in fact actually did. Reports are he got into a confrontation with one of them. Have you read all of the developments? It appears that maybe you haven't. Dude didn't get robbed. They demanded he fork over dough to cover the expenses of his vandalism. He's just being stubborn and trying to save face by acting like "duh all I know is that they were demanding money so call it what you want" Well like Lauer pointed out directly to his face, they were demanding money because of Lochte's direct actions. I hope he gets banned for a while.

I'm not saying Lochte is correct at all.

I'm saying everybody wants it to be a winner/loser situation.

I'm saying it is a loser/loser situation.

Lochte is a loser.

Now we set that aside, it is still a felony (even in Brazil) to pull a gun on someone and not permit them to leave. (If not a cop).
And the Rio police/judge just decided to ignore that. Then they decided to break another law by pulling two "witnesses" off a plane & pull their passports, which even the Brazilian Defense Legal Council said is not legal under Brazilian or Extradician Law.

So Rio authorities are just trying to cover up their own corruption by going after the American Idiot & putting it all over the news & TV. Now all four are gone, back to hell for the poor citizens of Rio.

That is all I am saying.

Don't compare Lochte to Mixon. Lochte may be a perpetual frat boy and a dishonest moron, but he didn't hurt anybody, especially a girl's face. Mixon is a POS human being as are those who continue to absolve him of guilt for football Ws.
I was just showing a link between "entitled" and "victimhood" Scholz. Mixon was the first example that came to mind.

Reactions: Scholz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT