ADVERTISEMENT

Does it look like we are starting to forum an offensive identity?

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
With D'Onta Foreman in the backfield? And with him and JH maybe we will have a good running game for at least two more years.

siap

Easy bud. The coaching staff will be slow to remove j gray from too many plays. He's a senior and they want him to get his plays because he's old enough to help rally the young kids.

I think they are trying to stay a week ahead of the tape. Today they threw in some wrinkles off of the jet sweep action, and took advantage of a D that ran itself out of plays. Next week is K-State. They don't make mistakes and will be in the position to make plays all night long.

I think they are trying to stay a week ahead of the tape. Today they threw in some wrinkles off of the jet sweep action, and took advantage of a D that ran itself out of plays. Next week is K-State. They don't make mistakes and will be in the position to make plays all night long.

K-state is the perfect game after this game for our team. Ksu is smart and won't beat themselves. They are starting to come together just like we are. I'm glad we are getting them at home. They pose a great challenge for Texas, but they are still beatable. I don't see a lot of talent on that team, but I see lots of tough smart kids that are competitors. Reminds me of Rice.

Texas needs to come out with great intensity and run the ball down their throat. Establish the LOS just like they did against blOwU. KSU is going to try and confuse our young oline so a experienced guy like Gray is essential to have on the field AMAP. Foremen will get in and get his touches just like last week, and next year he will be the man, but it's okay to have a guy like Gray who can block and catch.

Charlie has said all along we want to run the football, and he is doing just that.

The good part about that is as the O'line gets better and gives the QB more time it makes throwing off play action that much easier.

You can't be one dimensional in today's game, but the ability to run makes anything you want to do on offense so much easier.

The answer to the question is yes.

Easy bud. The coaching staff will be slow to remove j gray from too many plays. He's a senior and they want him to get his plays because he's old enough to help rally the young kids.

Of course Jonathan will get his touches this year and he should. I'm talking about the future.

One thing I can assure you, and thank goodness we have a bye between now and then, the purple wizard isn't going to let his boys beat themselves. Tcu had to puke and rally last night to win that game. We don't have the weapons yet to do what tcu did so we had better get up on them early, and control the line of scrimmage. Play like we did against ou and we will be in every game.

One thing I can assure you, and thank goodness we have a bye between now and then, the purple wizard isn't going to let his boys beat themselves. Tcu had to puke and rally last night to win that game. We don't have the weapons yet to do what tcu did so we had better get up on them early, and control the line of scrimmage. Play like we did against ou and we will be in every game.

This is going to be a tough game, but a game we can win. I'm just happy it is in Austin, we are going to need every advantage we have to pull this game out.

KSU will sellout to stop the run, they will not let Heard beat them with his legs, they are going to challenge Texas to beat them with his arm. It's up to the coaches to have our guys up for that challenge.

I'm not sure what to expect from the KSU offense, I just haven't watched enough of their games to form an opinion.

Reactions: Dogged Horn
The real mystery is why the hell did Mike Stoops keep us in a 3-3-5 defense all day. You would have thought Mike thought we were playing Tom Brady or Baylor. We knew the Horns were going to run all day. Not once did we ever stack the box. Just fking unbelievable. did Red Mccombs write little Stoops a check? Even at that, holding the Horns to 24 should have guaranteed a win.

You guys just came to play better than we did. Good job.

Reactions: Dogged Horn

Our ol played as good as they've played in a very long time. I've got my fingers crossed as I write this, but maybe our ol is starting to become an above average group. Since KP got injured Nickerson had come in. He 6' 8" and 312. That boy doesn't just doesn't block out the sun he turns the whole stadium into overcast skies.

Last edited:
Reactions: HornosaurusRex
You're probably correct about that. Barry Switzer might be right when he says Snyder is the best college coach of all time.
SI ran an cover story in the '80's on K-State ---- the losingest D-1 program in history. To go to a school with absolutely zero tradition and no natural recruiting boundaries, and turn them into an annual bowl team with a couple of teams that climbed into the Top 5 --- he has to rank in the discussion of the greatest of all time.

Agreed, diadevic. And it's not like K-State is some destination job now. It's still among the very worst P5 jobs, and Snyder is still assembling his teams from a bunch of players no power program wanted anything to do with.

This is going to be a tough game, but a game we can win. I'm just happy it is in Austin, we are going to need every advantage we have to pull this game out.

KSU will sellout to stop the run, they will not let Heard beat them with his legs, they are going to challenge Texas to beat them with his arm. It's up to the coaches to have our guys up for that challenge.

I'm not sure what to expect from the KSU offense, I just haven't watched enough of their games to form an opinion.

As far as their offense, that QB Hubener reminds me of Taysom Hill, and that's scary. I think he's gonna give us fits running.

Yes, we are forming an offensive identity. Power running game is opened up by Heard hitting the edge. We have Swoopes on short yardage & goal line situations-run or pass. The Offensive line needs to consistently block for our passing game.

Kansas State proved that they are a dangerous team against TCU this past week. Texas will have their hands full on Saturday.

As far as their offense, that QB Hubener reminds me of Taysom Hill, and that's scary. I think he's gonna give us fits running.
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. That dudes gotta be 6'6. He looks like he's running in slow motion but he covers a sh!t ton of ground when he does it. But big men make for big targets.

Remember when I told you we would see Malik get tossed from a game at some point because he's a head hunter?

This might well be that game. Just make sure you send him straight to cuckoo town malik.

Reactions: Metcalf #2

Agree.

D'onta is a bit of a different back than Gray. Gray doesn't look to be the same after his injuries. But he is still a leader. And the reality is that Foreman was a lower YPC in that game until he busted that big run. And that run was just as much design as him. They played right in to the over pursuing LB Striker and a huge hole. He handled it from there though very nicely, not to take away from him. But a mack truck could've rumbled thru that hole and I think Gray would have busted a long run as well.

No, Gray would've found somebody in white to run into. If he did break away, he's caught at about 30 yards.

What do you guys think of this boy Nickerson? Right now he's replacing Kent Perkins who's out. Do you think he should stay in the starting lineup when KP comes back maybe replace Flowers. This is one big boy 6' 8" 312 and just a sophomore.

What do you guys think of this boy Nickerson? Right now he's replacing Kent Perkins who's out. Do you think he should stay in the starting lineup when KP comes back maybe replace Flowers. This is one big boy 6' 8" 312 and just a sophomore.

I mentioned in another thread he he threw one of the key blocks that established the LOS when Foreman broke his 81 yard run. I'm glad to see he is finally contributing. If he can prove to be a capable blocker it would allow Texas to maybe move Perkins back to the interior where he belongs and even move Flowers over to center.

I think every one of our oline played well last week so it's hard to say who should be the starters at this point. I will say that a healthy Perkins at lease gives us options.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT