ADVERTISEMENT

Enough with the ref threads already

Thanks for starting this. It needs to be said.The refs were bad....ok...move on!..We ( as in us...Horn Nation) made questionable coaching calls that didnt help....We had dropped passes again....We need to look forward. We have a huge opportunity to cause damage in conference play. So we played a tough schedule....that is a good thing. We ought to play a tough schedule. We need to man up and play football.

Agreed. B!tching and making excuses makes us sound like those goobers 95 miles to our north east.

Reactions: Belldozer1
I think we are moving on. The team better have already. The conspiracy threads are at least dying down. We vented our frustration, but we look foolish continuing to carry on.

Big Tex approves this message

Watch-52-foot-Big-Tex-Catches-Fire-in-Dallas-Texas-2.jpg

Jeez, we had some bad calls go against us. We've had some good calls made for us too. Maybe this particular crew just doesn't like the way we play or are more apt to flag that type of play. It happens.

Move on and stop acting like a bunch of Aggies already.
FIFY...:D

There's bad calls... and then there's the worst collection of calls go against one team I've ever seen in a single game at the college level... I've seen teams get hosed on single calls before, it happens, I've never seen it as many times against one team as I saw last Saturday

some times it should be talked about excessively bc those officials have no business officiating D-I football, I wouldnt wish them on anybody, if they officiate another Texas game this season then all hell should break loose

That refereeing was more than just a bad call here or there, it was pretty damn egregious. But I agree that as a blueblood we've had our fair share of controversial calls over the years go our way. Just like in the NBA, the Jordan rules.

That all being said, the team at any point could have fought thru it and still won. This team simply isn't good enough yet to overcome all of that. But hopefully they learn from this. Hopefully the coaching staff uses these moments to hammer the small things in practice. To teach this young team the details of how to win. So that in the future, it is ingrained in them.

Okay....finally watched it.....and the calls were horrendous.

HOWEVER....the fact that the flags were typically in the air before the play developed led me to believe that the horns suffered from some horrific officiating with a large dose of bad luck. It just so happened that a lot of the phantom calls were made and then the play developed into something big for the horns.

Maybe the B12 and the sweet clean Lord have it in for you. :)

Nothing you can do about it now, but your complaints have tons of merit.

There's bad calls... and then there's the worst collection of calls go against one team I've ever seen in a single game at the college level... I've seen teams get hosed on single calls before, it happens, I've never seen it as many times against one team as I saw last Saturday

some times it should be talked about excessively bc those officials have no business officiating D-I football, I wouldnt wish them on anybody, if they officiate another Texas game this season then all hell should break loose
Kansas says Hi..

OU has been there. 1984 RRR. Although OU did get a tie. Tech 2005 and Oregon 2006 although those were clear replay guy screw-ups who did not change the obvious bad calls on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT