ADVERTISEMENT

For All you old Horns

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
Do ya remember the guy on channel 7 or Kvue that used to give the sports report wearing that dam cardboard Memorial stadium hat that talked so much shit about the other teams..what was his name, I guess they run him off, very funny sports report though???

AH! the good days! Growing up in the old days was good

Hook'em

Last edited:
The announcer I will always remember was Kern Tips and his vivid descriptions were unmatched by anyone on the airways then and now,just a delight.

The announcer I will always remember was Kern Tips and his vivid descriptions were unmatched by anyone on the airways then and now,just a delight.
I know who ya mean Cotton, but Kerns not the guy, he was doing local sports on Ktbc channel 7 or Kvue was 24 I believe

Hook'em

I don't remember the local guys because I never had a TV in Austin. For away games we had to go to a bar. Kern Tips was the best.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Do ya remember the guy on channel 7 or Kvue that used to give the sports report wearing that dam cardboard Memorial stadium hat that talked so much shit about the other teams..what was his name, I guess they run him off, very funny sports report though???

AH! the good days! Growing up in the old days was good

Hook'em

You talking about Vic "The Brick" Jacobs? Used to throw the foam brick around the studio? "You want the brick? You got the brick." That guy?

FB, our head cheerleader was also a cowboy cheerleader. According to Jane Wolfe's The Murchisons, Clint jr tried to nail the high school girls, but left the older girls alone. She was so nice at the last reunion I attended that I just couldn't ask her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT