ADVERTISEMENT

GameDay Crew gave Jerrod Heard

4MNChampsHorn

Jan 28, 2011
El Paso
RESPECT! Desmond picks Texas over OSU today. He says Heard's QB play will inspire better offensive & defensive performance from Texas. They showed video clips of Texas players saying such things as, "In Heard we trust." The Texas players believe in Heard & want to follow him. We haven't had this at QB since Colt left Texas. I'm excited to see the Horns play at 2:30.

Last edited:
It's funny what a little confidence can do for a team. They seem to believe in Heard, and that goes a long way. I have Texas over OSU as well.

Is Watson the QB coach as well? Is he the one who tied his ship to Swoopes? If so, I can see where he was rightly relieved of duties.

But if he isn't, I'm wondering if having Heard there wouldn't have kept his job. Norvell looks good as the new OC, but you and I would look good as an OC if you have the right QB.

Thoughts?

Yeah Watson is the QB coach. Doing a fine job there, and that's where he belongs. Norvell had really opened the offense up with Heard, and has managed to make it far less predictable than Watson ever did. Yeah he has a helluva QB to work with, but at the same time he's doing a damn good job of taking advantage of Heard's strengths.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
I won't say Norvell is doing a good job just yet. I think a lot of our success has come from the fact there is no tape on Norvell or Heard. Once defenses get a little tape we will see how good a job they will both do.

I'm glad we get OSU today, it's better for our offense as there is still very little tape for a DC to work with.

So Herbstreit say Heard is the only one making plays for Texas. Smh. Ya know, I like that guy, but he can be completely ignorant sometimes.

But if he isn't, I'm wondering if having Heard there wouldn't have kept his job. Norvell looks good as the new OC, but you and I would look good as an OC if you have the right QB.

Thoughts?

He wouldn't have kept his job. Watson had the right plays in the playbook, but he also had a ton of WCO-based, seven-step-drop-type bullsh*t that takes a lot of experience for a QB to execute consistently well, but that he insisted on using anyway. Norvell cut that garbage out.

The jury is still out on Norvell, of course, but he has made some very important and effective changes to the way we're going to operate on offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT