Group land purchase question, idea - Leander area

scspro

Give me ambiguity, or give me something else...
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2005
Austin
Not at all an expert in real estate but here's what I'm looking for, and I figured somebody on the board might have some ideas.

I'd like to build a duplex for myself to live on one side, and rent out the other, on probably around a third of an acre to include enough space to put a steel building in the back of one side for woodworking (as I retire).

I'm thinking about the Cedar Park/Leander area as I'm already near it and figured my chances might be better as there are still many areas that appear undeveloped.

The problem is, I rarely see the land broken down to that size of the lot. I can sometimes find a half acre but it's usually way too costly.

I'm looking for a buyer that might have other projects in mind, or already working on one, or has land and is willing to parse it - break off a piece for a plan like mine. Or, if others have similar interests, how does one go about grouping buyers together with mutual interests?

Open to ideas. Is that kind of thing done and how would one get started on the process?

Also, if I borrow from a bank to buy something like 1.5 acres, how quickly could I parse it myself and resell the smaller pieces - can that be done?

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

Last edited:
Reactions: rg92

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.