Here's my problem coming into this game with Georgia

EyesOfTX

NOJA
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2001
I don't hate the Bulldogs. I don't really much care for them, either, but I don't hate them like I hate OU and A&M, or even lesser traditional opponents like Tech, Baylor or even TCU.

I don't hate Alabama, either. Or Auburn, or Ole Miss, or LSU, or any of the other SEC teams other than Arkansas, and even that's faded over time since they left the SWC so long ago.

Worse, I kind of feel like both Georgia and Alabama fans have a high degree of class about them. Which is not unexpected given all the success their program has had. That makes it harder to get up a good hate for them going into our games with them. I felt totally different when we played Ohio State back in 2004, because their fans have no class at all.

Don't get me wrong - going into the SEC has been without doubt the best strategic shift the Texas program could have made. It is so much more rewarding as a fan to get to follow other games involving SEC teams than worrying about games involving the also-rans of the Big 12.

It's just kinda weird knowing our biggest game of the season is 3 days away and not having any grudge to nurture about the opponent.

Then again, familiarity breeds contempt, so I suppose this will all start to change in the years to come.

Hook 'em!!!

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.