ADVERTISEMENT

High School Coaches

If you don't work in the TEA system for 3 years you lose your teaching certificate. All coaches in the state of TX have to be TEA certified. Not an easy thing to do. A lot of tests to pass. IMO I found that as you get older you start to forget things (large range of information for tests) as opposed to when your fresh out of college and its fresh in your mind. Same thing with your CDL if you don't renew it. Also like in the real world if you leave for a bigger or better job and then go back down a level your looked at as over qualified and a risk bc you might leave again. ISD's want stability even though they'll fire you in a heart beat if you don't win. I coach and I would take a leap to big school college ball in a heart beat, I think it's worth the risk, but that's just me.

Originally posted by CoachEmUp64:
If you don't work in the TEA system for 3 years you lose your teaching certificate. All coaches in the state of TX have to be TEA certified. Not an easy thing to do. A lot of tests to pass. IMO I found that as you get older you start to forget things (large range of information for tests) as opposed to when your fresh out of college and its fresh in your mind. Same thing with your CDL if you don't renew it. Also like in the real world if you leave for a bigger or better job and then go back down a level your looked at as over qualified and a risk bc you might leave again. ISD's want stability even though they'll fire you in a heart beat if you don't win. I coach and I would take a leap to big school college ball in a heart beat, I think it's worth the risk, but that's just me.
Sounds good to me! TY!

Hook'em

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT