ADVERTISEMENT

History says Jimbo Fisher and his massive contract can’t save Texas A&M

Who is Spenser Davis? Why does he spell his name funny? And who cares what Spenser Davis thinks?

Logic failure 101: ad hominem- when you can’t rebut an argument, attack the messenger

he's just a dude with an opinion, like you or me, only somebody paid him a little bit to put it on the line.

here's mine-- frankly, i don't see that much an upgrade in coaches. i thought sumlin was minimally above average, especially in the secsec, where-- let's be frank-- there was saban and mullen, and everybody else until kirby smart broke through this year. so they went from having the 3rd (before smart) best coach in the conference to the 4th (post-smart), and i'm just going by reputation; i frankly don't know enough about fischer to say he's definitively the 4th best coach.

now, saban will move on at some point, but i would think a call to dabo would come about 1 minute after saban tells the administration. i don't know. they keep saying fischer has a national title, but so does les miles, sooooo...

anyway, as long as we're rolling, i do not care what they're doing. i think we're very, very close to getting back to rolling, so long as we keep toddorlando (yep, he's one word now). short of recruiting (i recognize that's a big thing), they do not effect us one iota. because win, lose or draw, they don't shut up, so it doesn't matter in that regard.

he's just a dude with an opinion, like you or me, only somebody paid him a little bit to put it on the line.

here's mine-- frankly, i don't see that much an upgrade in coaches. i thought sumlin was minimally above average, especially in the secsec, where-- let's be frank-- there was saban and mullen, and everybody else until kirby smart broke through this year. so they went from having the 3rd (before smart) best coach in the conference to the 4th (post-smart), and i'm just going by reputation; i frankly don't know enough about fischer to say he's definitively the 4th best coach.

now, saban will move on at some point, but i would think a call to dabo would come about 1 minute after saban tells the administration. i don't know. they keep saying fischer has a national title, but so does les miles, sooooo...

anyway, as long as we're rolling, i do not care what they're doing. i think we're very, very close to getting back to rolling, so long as we keep toddorlando (yep, he's one word now). short of recruiting (i recognize that's a big thing), they do not effect us one iota. because win, lose or draw, they don't shut up, so it doesn't matter in that regard.
Having watched Jimbo and his program during the FSU years i'll say...he will be a top 5 recruiter in the SEC. It will be tough for him to beat Saban/Smart year in and year out but he will get his fair share of recruits. He's very stubborn with wanting to keep play calling duties (something a lot of Longhorns wish Herman would do :)). Even back to his LSU OC days, he's been a good to above average play caller at best. He relies on scheme/perfection to drive his offense. No matter the talent on the field, he's such a control freak that he won't let them loose. If one man doesn't do his part on Jimbo's offense, the whole play can blow up (a potential big play to only a 2-3 yard run because imperfection). If he's telling recruits that he's shifting to an up-tempo style they need to go back and re-watch the last 8 years at FSU...(with the talent on hand, he drove his shiny corvette like an F150...)It's interesting to note, that if Winston had committed to Alabama, Jimbo may never have even sniffed a BCS title game or playoff appearance. With all the talent he had in Tally, you can say his offense underachieved (many Oline problems year after year) and if he didn't have a grade A Dcoordinator, the defense was above average as well but not playoff worthy (look at the Oregon game...). The Aggies definitely took a huge risk on this one...Jimbo is good but is he 75 million good??? The FSU admin/staff/fans can tell you that answer...

Reactions: q1w2e3
So basically that article was just restating what we already know? There’s 5 minuets of my life I’ll never get back

Unless they find a way out of it via sovereign immunity.....

I'll be very surprised if a&m is able to skirt their financial obligation to pay Fisher if they choose to fire him at some point. The only way that I could see them making an argument about not paying Fisher in full would be if had some kind of behavior labeled in the contract that would be in violation of the contract.

Spare no $$$ -win at all cost.
If overpaying for a coach doesn’t work they will start paying players.

Unless they find a way out of it via sovereign immunity.....

I'll be very surprised if a&m is able to skirt their financial obligation to pay Fisher if they choose to fire him at some point. The only way that I could see them making an argument about not paying Fisher in full would be if had some kind of behavior labeled in the contract that would be in violation of the contract.

Give him 2 or 3 years. His penchant for Evan Williams Green Label might help them make their case

Spare no $$$ -win at all cost.
If overpaying for a coach doesn’t work they will start paying players.
If our boosters haven't started paying players, Sumlin should sue for lack of support. Every school has boosters who grease the wheel. Some just over do it.

Look at Ole Miss. Their boosters got serious and so did their ability to land players. Their sanctions from the NCAA were not that bad. They are better off than they were 15 years ago. It is like stealing $10M and getting a year in prison, not a terrible investment of your time.

Reactions: LonghornMM
If our boosters haven't started paying players, Sumlin should sue for lack of support. Every school has boosters who grease the wheel. Some just over do it.

Look at Ole Miss. Their boosters got serious and so did their ability to land players. Their sanctions from the NCAA were not that bad. They are better off than they were 15 years ago. It is like stealing $10M and getting a year in prison, not a terrible investment of your time.

You're actually right and I give you credit for acknowledging it, lol. Ole Miss has come up significantly compared to what they used to be. Ironically, that success came with paying players. Who woulda thought...

You're actually right and I give you credit for acknowledging it, lol. Ole Miss has come up significantly compared to what they used to be. Ironically, that success came with paying players. Who woulda thought...
The NCAA is all about the all mighty dollar. If Alabama or Ohio State were caught doing what Ole Miss did their punishment would have been even less. Probably only would have allowed their games to be televised on ESPN2 or below. Probably would have punished them by not allowing over a 4 seed in the playoffs. Only allow 5 5 stars per cycle. You know, something major.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT