ADVERTISEMENT

Honest answers only

Belldozer1

Aug 20, 2014
Ok so with the Horns current offensive woes and it being RRS week I thought I would pose this question. It's all in fun so please don't anyone get bent out of shape. So if just for the RRS you could choose between the zone read with Heard as the QB or the chuck and duck with Case McCoy, which one would you choose? Say what you will about McCoy but he pulled some magic out of that sidearm delivery:)

McCoy gets a lot of crap but he was one smart football player. That's how he got on the field. He knew how to read a defense and where to go with the ball. He was just slow and had no arm talent. If the O-line can block then I would go with Heard all day. His ability opens up running lanes in the zone read and if a play breaks down he can make something happen with his legs.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Can I choose to have OU put Blake Bell as a pocket passer? :)

However limited in talent, McCoy didn't lack confidence or get rattled. But he is not why we won 2013. We won because JGrey and Malcolm Brown both rushed for 100+ yards, and Stoops thought Bell was Peyton Manning instead of Tim Tebow.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Can I choose to have OU put Blake Bell as a pocket passer? :)

However limited in talent, McCoy didn't lack confidence or get rattled. But he is not why we won 2013. We won because JGrey and Malcolm Brown both rushed for 100+ yards, and Stoops thought Bell was Peyton Manning instead of Tim Tebow.
Ha Nope. Only the Belldozer package for Landry Jones.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT