ADVERTISEMENT

How did C. Strong git ur done @ the Cards but not @ the Horns?

Strong can flat out recruit. he got some kids out of Fl that could play and ended up hitting the Jackpot with Bridgewater. He ended up with more talent than the other teams in the Big East

Strong can flat out recruit. he got some kids out of Fl that could play and ended up hitting the Jackpot with Bridgewater. He ended up with more talent than the other teams in the Big East
And he ended up with a coach that was his top recruiter that had to put a show cause on his file for recruiting violations.......

Reactions: Cotton #12
Louisville fan here. Cholly never coached in the ACC, but I don't doubt he helped us get there. That said, I didn't believe he has what it takes to win a NC. He had no concept of creating an offense, and his halftime adjustments were non-existent. Teddy B saved his bacon more than once.

Cholly helped us by bolting--we got (back) a coach that I believe CAN bring us a NC.

Give him his buyout, find him a milf with plenty of silicone, and send him packing. Then find yourself the coach your program wants and needs. I won't pretend to know who that might be.

Louisville fan here. Cholly never coached in the ACC, but I don't doubt he helped us get there. That said, I didn't believe he has what it takes to win a NC. He had no concept of creating an offense, and his halftime adjustments were non-existent. Teddy B saved his bacon more than once.

Cholly helped us by bolting--we got (back) a coach that I believe CAN bring us a NC.

Give him his buyout, find him a milf with plenty of silicone, and send him packing. Then find yourself the coach your program wants and needs. I won't pretend to know who that might be.
Strong at Texas = Peter Principle

Reactions: Red Rager
The post question tells me that people are still woefully idyllic about Charlie Strong's resume prior to coming to Texas. He rode Urban Meyer's coattails at Florida, and then beat up on a bunch of Big East cream puffs. Louisville was a relatively good program in a weak conference that had a couple of down years before hiring Strong, and Strong brought them back to being a relatively good team in a weak conference. He went 23-3 from 2012-2013; 22 of those wins (and all 3 losses) were against teams like Rutgers, Florida Intl, South Florida, etc. The better teams he beat were on par with Iowa St. That is not the makings of a $25 million coaching legend.

The post question tells me that people are still woefully idyllic about Charlie Strong's resume prior to coming to Texas. He rode Urban Meyer's coattails at Florida, and then beat up on a bunch of Big East cream puffs. Louisville was a relatively good program in a weak conference that had a couple of down years before hiring Strong, and Strong brought them back to being a relatively good team in a weak conference. He went 23-3 from 2012-2013; 22 of those wins (and all 3 losses) were against teams like Rutgers, Florida Intl, South Florida, etc. The better teams he beat were on par with Iowa St. That is not the makings of a $25 million coaching legend.

Sounds familiar! Think there's a guy here in Houston that pretty much matches this description.

Who the hell is Cholly? Your mouth full of peanut butter?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT