ADVERTISEMENT

I chose to post this here...

SonofMan

Orangefans Gold Member
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2008
Out of fear this will turn into a Religious pissing match, which it might, although I hope it doesn’t. I have depression, which causes me sleepless nights of pondering. Last night it hit me, a huge issue for me is the utter meaningless of life. I am a Christian. I mean a Bible thumping, Jesus believing Christian (call me whatever you like) *** I am NOT trying to persuade anyone to believe, this post is NOT about arguing over your or my beliefs*** This is strictly about understanding a nonbelievers world view on meaning and happiness. Any moment of happiness I have flees as quick as it arrives followed by a huge drop into a depressing mood. Why? Because what brings me joy (outside of Christ) is meaningless. Any accolades I strive for at work and ultimately achieve disappears immediately afterward. I have tons of awards (marksmanship, Officer of the month, guest speaker ect) and its all in a box in my attic, because it means nothing. It’s all temporary, and ultimately meaningless. If I believe in a God, and believe we have value, yet admit most of the things that we focus on mean nothing, how do those who don’t believe in a God, or meaning in life find happiness? What’s the secret?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News