I got Trump figured out.

Mhorny1

Banned for Life
Aug 28, 2011
Over the last month or so I have been trying to come to terms with WTF is Donald J Trump doing, is it good or bad. I started a previous thread about him based on the idea that he is just saying things to get elected and then will govern as a pragmatic businessman.

Sunday, I saw a guy on TV, that had a good take on Trumps campaign. He said Trump is a master salesman and magnetic personality. One of his primary techniques is to sell based on emotion. Facts or data are really irrelevant, it's all about affecting people's emotion. He went on to say Trump has been working on his message for years. Trump has figured out a few key talking points that he calculates will hit on voters emotions. He doesn't need any details are real ideas or solutions, just sell the product through appealing to emotional responses of the voters. The guy on TV said Trump was the best he had ever seen at this, a true genius.

I think this is spot on and confirms my take that Trump is just saying things to get elected. Although I didn't realize how calculated Trump has been and the increadable talent he has.

So, what does the mean for how will Trump govern? I don't think Trump even knows or really cares. He is not about the details, he is 100% about the sale.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.