ADVERTISEMENT

I guess we arent so lilly white after all

oldhorn2

Jan 2, 2013
Reese Lieto arrested for possession with intent....near a school. Too bad...he might have had a chance to be a good one.

The bright is that he was caught. Also, a future massive headache was avoided since he isn't even on campus yet.

Dang, dude! And his dad's a college bball coach - you'd think Reese would've known better. Maybe he did and this will end up being proven a setup or something. I hope so.

Tom Herman released a statement Tuesday night on the situation.

"We're aware of the situation involving our signee, Reese Leitao,” Herman said. “We're collecting information, will talk to Reese and his family, let the legal system run its course and then address it further at the appropriate time." - 247

Last edited:
Reese Lieto arrested for possession with intent....near a school. Too bad...he might have had a chance to be a good one.

Depends on what we do. Kicking him off the team is the right thing keeping him is saying we don't care.

Reactions: westx
I really don't understand why kids like this do these types of things. I know some kids have bad home situations and grow up in poverty. Leitao was not that kid. As mentioned, his dad is a college basketball coach. His salary at Virginia was about 1 mil/year. Reese may face jail time, lost any chance of playing D1 ball (if not all football) and he did it all for something he didn't even need, money.

Reactions: oldhorn2
I wont rush to judgement until all the facts are In but if they prove out then it is all good news for us.

1. We dodged a bullet in that he never got on campus

2. A drug dealer has been taken off the streets

What a waste! This you g man checked all the boxes. His future looked so bright.....damned shame.

Idiot. Wtf is this idiot doing? Freaking oklahoma people.

I really don't understand why kids like this do these types of things. I know some kids have bad home situations and grow up in poverty. Leitao was not that kid. As mentioned, his dad is a college basketball coach. His salary at Virginia was about 1 mil/year. Reese may face jail time, lost any chance of playing D1 ball (if not all football) and he did it all for something he didn't even need, money.

street cred

Not to minimize dealing prescription drugs, but it wasn't so people could get high, but so they'd have less anxiety & depression. Xanax is addictive, though, and so anyone taking it has to keep doing so or they'll have panic attacks, etc. It's unsafe for some people, and besides, any non-OTC drug ought to be prescribed by a reputable doctor -- not some kid.

Where was he getting it, I wonder?

Not to minimize dealing prescription drugs, but it wasn't so people could get high, but so they'd have less anxiety & depression. Xanax is addictive, though, and so anyone taking it has to keep doing so or they'll have panic attacks, etc. It's unsafe for some people, and besides, any non-OTC drug ought to be prescribed by a reputable doctor -- not some kid.

Probably bought them from someone that has a subscription and then sold them for more.

Kids take this to get messed up, not to treat psychiatric illness. Benzos act the same way as alcohol, so mixed with alcohol or taken alone in high doses causes someone to be very inebriated. Benzos are not a first line treatment for anxiety and are a terrible treatment for depression as they would likely make things worse. Taken in very high doses they can be deadly, and as you mention can be addictive as well.

From what I've heard, he isn't the only one. It seems his arrest has led police to what could be called a drug ring including more athletes at the school.

Kids take this to get messed up, not to treat psychiatric illness. Benzos act the same way as alcohol, so mixed with alcohol or taken alone in high doses causes someone to be very inebriated. Benzos are not a first line treatment for anxiety and are a terrible treatment for depression as they would likely make things worse. Taken in very high doses they can be deadly, and as you mention can be addictive as well.
And it's not like they just take the pill like a regular person that has a prescription. They crush them and snort them to get a much more intense high then if taken orally. I've raised 4 kids and know way more then I'd like to know. Get these damn dealers off the street. This isn't a small crime as he was dealing in a school area. It's not going to go well for him. It's a class A mis just for possession of pot in a school. Dealing is generally a felony unless plea'd down. And I'm betting this isn't his first run in. People don't start out dealing. Normally I'd give him the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty, but the evidence is pretty substantial and I've got 2 close friends with kids that are heroin addicts and a close relative I just had to put in rehab. I'm tired of the destruction.

And it's not like they just take the pill like a regular person that has a prescription. They crush them and snort them to get a much more intense high then if taken orally. I've raised 4 kids and know way more then I'd like to know. Get these damn dealers off the street. This isn't a small crime as he was dealing in a school area. It's not going to go well for him. It's a class A mis just for possession of pot in a school. Dealing is generally a felony unless plea'd down. And I'm betting this isn't his first run in. People don't start out dealing. Normally I'd give him the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty, but the evidence is pretty substantial and I've got 2 close friends with kids that are heroin addicts and a close relative I just had to put in rehab. I'm tired of the destruction.
I wanted to "like" your post, but that just seemed out. You are absolutely correct.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT