I'm sorry I jinxed Darth Vader....

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
So...... my bad.

In my game week "fun facts" about Michigan on Saturday morning, I informed most of you that Darth Vader attended Michigan.
As all of you surely inferred, I was making reference to James Earl Jones.
Global icon. Galactic icon.
I mean, come on..... he's STILL more famous than Thanos.
He just is.

Well....I'm sorry to say...... the great James Earl Jones has now ascended to a galaxy far, far away to be with extremely bad ass thespian Jedi, SIR Alec Guinness, as well as Yoda.

We've all seen his work. I still get misty eyed watching Field of Dreams when he gives his final monologue about baseball. My parents went to NY to watch a reading of "Twas the night before Christmas" that aired on PBS and James Earl Jones and Martin Sheen were reading opposite each other. My mother, a classical literature major, called it the most poignant moment of 20th century literature...... because nothing this masterful in literature would ever happen again before the end of the 20th century.

So...... seeing that he passed today, I felt a tinge of angst about cracking wise this weekend about his alma mater.....and him.... and though I know I hold zero influence over the cosmos or anything in it- I'll still whistle past the graveyard this evening whilst simultaneously hoping that from now until eternity, that the force will be with Mr. James Earl Jones.

So...... my bad.

In my game week "fun facts" about Michigan on Saturday morning, I informed most of you that Darth Vader attended Michigan.
He just is.

Well....I'm sorry to say...... the great James Earl Jones has now ascended to a galaxy far, far away to be with extremely bad ass thespian Jedi, SIR Alec Guinness, as well as Yoda.

We've all seen his work. I still get misty eyed watching Field of Dreams when he gives his final monologue about baseball. My parents went to NY to watch a reading of "Twas the night before Christmas" that aired on PBS and James Earl Jones and Martin Sheen were reading opposite each other. My mother, a classical literature major, called it the most poignant moment of 20th century literature...... because nothing this masterful in literature would ever happen again before the end of the 20th century.

So...... seeing that he passed today, I felt a tinge of angst about cracking wise this weekend about his alma mater.....and him.... and though I know I hold zero influence over the cosmos or anything in it- I'll still whistle past the graveyard this evening whilst simultaneously hoping that from now until eternity, that the force will be with Mr. James Earl Jones.
That Field of Dreams monologue gets me every time. Gotta stop whatever I’m doing and listen.
Also, he was on a great episode of Two and a half Men!

So...... my bad.

He just is.

Michigan uses JEJ to narrate a stellar intro extolling Michigan history and football lore with his nobel voice booming to a crescendo in the background just as the team runs on the field. It was actually pretty cool.

Latest posts