ADVERTISEMENT

Is Isaiah Neyor ALREADY getting NFL interest? Idiot Drivers, Cowboys Draft, Crate-Training a Dog, More ...

Alex Dunlap

Any Updates on Desmond Harrison?
Staff
Jan 18, 2005
Travis Settlement, TX
Are you a displaced corporate executive or wanting to put your career in your own hands? Or are you an experienced entrepreneur wanting to diversify? Well, Andy Luedecke can help! Andy is a long time Orangebloods member, diehard Longhorn and franchise veteran, having owned multiple franchises and businesses. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Andy, put your life and career in your own hands. 100% free, so what do you have to lose?!!
Find Your Perfect Franchise at MyPerfectFranchise.Net
Orangebloods Owned! Contact Andy Luedecke (aka @Andy MyPerfectFranchise.Net) anytime at:
aluedecke@myperfectfranchise.net
(404) 973-9901
www.myperfectfranchise.net
image_from_ios.jpg

Is Neyor a prospect that has the attention of NFL scouts yet?
Yes, I know so because one NFL evaluator told me that NDSU WR Christian Watson (who was at the Senior Bowl and was basically tied with South Alabama's Jalen Tolbert as the best WR in attendance) told me that if Watson would have had the portal so wide-open to him at a younger age in the same way Neyor did, he would not have finished his career at NDSU. NDSU and Wyoming have a lot of overlap in coaching and scheme. The fact that Neyor was mentioned in this way by this particular scout shows me that they certainly at least know who he is and his background.

How are you at house training dogs? We have a puppy that won’t poop outside.
I'm batting 1000 at house-training dogs, it is one of the simpler bits of training you can do -- certainly easier than obedience training, etc. where I'd employ the use of a clicker.

You simply can't give the dog the opportunity to crap inside. You need to be crate-training.

The dog will not crap in his own crate unless there is a massive emergency, given the crate is not much larger than the dog. If you have a tiny dog in a large dog's crate, it will go on the far side and it will be like it went in another room. But in general, it will not go potty in the crate if the crate is sized correctly.

So, when the dog comes out of the crate, he goes directly outside and is monitored until he goes potty. When he goes potty, he gets a ton of treats and great attention from you and he is allowed back inside into the general living areas. If he does not go potty, he is not in trouble, but he goes back into the crate. 20 minutes later, or if he begins whining, back outside and repeat the drill. Once he goes potty, he's allowed to be around the family in the shared living space. Repeat every 20 minutes until he goes.

The crate should never be used as a punishment, it needs to be his home that he loves and feels safe in. Long after they are potty trained, they'll still want to retreat to their crates to sleep and relax although once the dog is old enough it is fine to get rid of it.

Can you give a way to early top 24 for .5 ppr

Who is your most likely to succeed OL recruit not named DJ Campbell. I’m on the Cam Williams bandwagon. So similar to Big Mike Williams.
You guys know I'm the original Cam Williams truther so that's probably my best answer, too, but since you stole it from me in the question, I'm going to go with Terrance Brooks. The more I watch him while also thinking about what Texas needs from a personnel standpoint moving forward, the less ways I can imagine him failing.

If you had a kid playing high school football what camps would you send him to?
I think that would depend on where I live, the position he plays and what I am looking to get out of the experience. Is the kid looking like a legit D1 athlete? I think your plans need to be different for that kind of situation than for one where you are just looking to get him into something where he can improve, learn position-specific training, and come out of the even with new tools in his handbag to become better. If it's the former, I'd take him to college camps. You don't learn much at those, but coaches can at least get eyes on you. If the latter, I'd go train with local trainers -- for example, Donald Hawkins for OL in DFW, etc. Every major metro area has a few position-specific guys. As a general rule, I would prefer to send my kids to those kinds of camps and training session, anyway, because I know that if they are good enough, the trainers will let their network of college coaches and media know about them while also training them up in a way that just can't happen in the context of one of these summertime cattle-call-type of on-campus, university-run camps.

In your opinion, what position (LT, RT, OG, C) should the following OL play at Texas:
Banks
Umeozulu
Hutson
Campbell
Williams
Agbo
Robertson

Thanks.

Banks - OT
Umeozulu - OG
Hutson - OG or C
Campbell - LT or RG
Williams - RT
Agbo - OG
Robertson - OG or C

Do you plan to leave a bad Yelp review for Service One?
I'm legit torn because I've been going here ever since I moved to the area years ago and, while I have not liked some of the bills I've had to pay them, I've always found them to at least be honest and have their sh*t together. It is tilting to have something scheduled and then have them tell you they might not be able to get to it until 4 hours later. I think how the manager acts when I bitch about it here in a minute when he comes out to tell me that they can't do the alignment will be the determining factor in whether or not they lose my business (which is good business to have -- I drive a 2002 model car!)

Can you give a way to early top 24 for .5 ppr

How about for dynasty? That is my main focus right now. These are my Top 24 for players in leagues where you get to keep them forever -- not just for the one season in redraft:

Jonathan Taylor
Ja'Marr Chase
Justin Jefferson
Najee Harris
D'Andre Swift
Javonte Williams
CeeDee Lamb
A.J. Brown
Joe Mixon
Alvin Kamara
Christian McCaffrey
Saquon Barkley
Antonio Gibson
Nick Chubb
Cam Akers
Travis Etienne
Dalvin Cook
Austin Ekeler
D.K. Metcalf
Derrick Henry
Tyreek Hill
Deebo Samuel
Davante Adams
Cooper Kupp

To be fair, if you don't have an 8 a.m. appointment with any auto service shop, your reservation is merely a request because of walk-ins.
It was a 9:30am reservation - to me, a reservation is a reservation. I was showing up to give them money and reserved a time to do it -- UPDATE: they will be getting a bad Yelp! review from me as soon as this chat is over. They are under new ownership since 1/1/2022 and on top of not honoring my appointment, they tried to overcharge me for my oil change ($91 was the original price, I asked if that is what I was always charged because it seemed way high and the associate said yes. I called him out and said to pull up the invoice from the last oil change and he did, then told me to hang on a second and left. The manager then came over and said it was only $51. I asked what happened and he said he had to "make an adjustment" on the invoice --- WTF). Then, on the oil change sticker for mileage for next service, it just reads: 0. Nope, I'm done with that place. Service One (now owned by Oil Changers) in Bee Cave, Texas.

Who are your favorite running backs in this years nfl draft class and do you think any are taken in the first round?
I don't think any are taken in the first round, but my favorites so far (and I have only done formal evaluations on about 20 receivers thus far as I like to finish one position before starting another, but certainly have my ideas on the RBs) are: Kenny Walker, Michigan State - Isaiah Spiller, Texas A&M and Breece Hall, Iowa State. My favorite sleeper is Dameon Pierce from Florida. He had one hell of a Senior Bowl week. A real eye-opener to a guy I didn't know too much about coming into the week, in the mold of a Kareem Hunt or an Antonio Gibson.

Where do you rate Aaron Donald on the all time greats for defensive players?

I don't think we can really write the story of Aaron Donald as a whole yet, but he's been the best defensive player in the league basically since he came into it, and now he's a Super Bowl Champion. It's not even a stretch to say it is within the realm of possibility that he finishes his career at the greatest defensive player of all time. He's only 30. I still remember his Senior Bowl like it was yesterday.

Speaking of, you ever watch theses “idiot driver” videos on YouTube? I stumbled across them and they are a good way to burn a few hours of your day.
Well I hadn't until just now and now you've welcomed a new time-suck into my life

.... damn you sir.

If you played in a keeper league would you keep J. Chase in the 2nd or K. Allen in the 5th...PPR league and QB TD's are worth 6 points.
I think it depends on where your pick in the second is, because if it is an early second, I don't really see much value in keeping Chase. If late-second, I may go with him. He's gonna go at the 1-2 turn. With Big Mike Williams presumably gone next year in LAC, I think Keenan's target share will go up, so while of course Ja'Marr is the top WR is dynasty, if we're only talking about a one-year redraft situation, I might lean Keenan, although the 5th round price tag might be around where his ADP settles in. In all honesty, I don't think you're going to reaping immense value vs. ADP with either of those keeper valuations, and the position of where the second-round pick is would be the deciding factor for me.

I’m kinda surprised Brian Robinson isn’t projected higher. Seemed like the next elite Bama RB.
I was kinda surprised personally at the Senior Bowl that he didn't stick out more to me, either. I'm just not sure he has it like the guys who've come out recently before him. He has some nice qualities to his game, but I don't consider him in the same tier with the players I mentioned at all. At least not before doing the formal eval on him.

What do you think about the Cowboys' draft coming up? Where should they go to improve? Saw a mock that had them taking a DE. I think they should go IOL - maybe Kenyon Green from A&M. Your thoughts?
I agree with you that I think it's time for the Cowboys to start getting ahead of the curve and reloading on the OL a year before it appears like it is completely necessary. Just always stay ahead of the curve in the trenches and you'll be in a good place. I know that the Cowboys are going to be looking hard at EDGE, though, and maybe that was also the info that the person who did the mock was going on. I would personally love to see them take Tyler Lindenbaum from Iowa at 24. Yes, he is a center, but he's going to be one of the best centers in the NFL pretty quickly, then will continue to be for a long time. Travis Frederick was a first-round center for DAL and I don't think they ever regretted that decision simply because it was not a pick at a premier position.

Is Arch Manning really not down to two schools?
I'm not really in the loop with Arch Manning's decision-making process and I truly don't believe that 99% of those who say they are, really are either. My hint to anyone is to listen to reporting from @Anwar Richardson when he has new updates.

I feel like there is going to be a lot of speculationary "reporting" on this one with shaky second and third-hand info for three reasons: 1) every reporter on this beat (hell, even nationally) knows fans are dying for updates on Arch; 2) this thing is going to be drawn out over the long haul, meaning people are going to have to come up with something to write at numerous times during the recruitment; and 3) his family is extremely secretive, businesslike and the opposite of loose-lipped.

Take those three facts together and remember them when a new report pops up on Arch every few weeks or so, then ask yourself if it makes sense to be hearing this, at this time, from this family.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News