ADVERTISEMENT

It Won't Be Long Now

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
Gonna have a house full for the 1st Texas Game, Thinking about Beef and Pork Ribs and Fajitas and V&V with Tator salad and Colorado Pinto Beans and the wifes Peach Cobbler and a Lotta Shiner Reg beer, put it on my little hot cold Buffet table and let them serve their selves....

Hook'em

I’ll tell you what FB that sounds like a pretty good game day meal but if Texas starts out slow in that game you may have to break out the cannabis hors d’ oeurves. May want to have plenty on hand just in case.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Gonna have a house full for the 1st Texas Game, Thinking about Beef and Pork Ribs and Fajitas and V&V with Tator salad and Colorado Pinto Beans and the wifes Peach Cobbler and a Lotta Shiner Reg beer, put it on my little hot cold Buffet table and let them serve their selves....

Hook'em

If you put Mayo on the ribs and then the dry rub, the rub will stick better. Trust me you won't regret it.

Really? I'm more excited for a top 10 matchup

At least we have to balls to do it. I love it. Every year the NE sports media has it's big predictions and assumptions that are typically destroyed by week 2. This year it's, "Texas is not back, because of the large number of graduations, etc....". Have we heard anything about Oklahoma or Texas A&M? No almost nothing, it's been very quit. The silence should be a dead giveaway. When there are assumptions, like OU will automatically win the B12 or A&M should win 8 easily, these are the areas where trouble will occur. It's never where the magician points the light.

Last edited:
At least we have to balls to do it. I love it. Every year the NE sports media has it's big predictions and assumptions that are typically destroyed by week 2. This year it's, "Texas is not back, because of the large number of graduations, etc....". Have we heard anything about Oklahoma or Texas A&M? No almost nothing, it's been very quit. The silence should be a dead giveaway. When there are assumptions, like OU will automatically win the B12 or A&M should win 8 easily, these are the areas where trouble will occur. It's never where the magician points the light.

What? Im not sure what you're talking about here. Why are you looking forward to UCLA and Houston then? That's the post i quoted.

What? Im not sure what you're talking about here. Why are you looking forward to UCLA and Houston then? That's the post i quoted.

All the criticism is being hurled at Texas and SE. None is going in the direction of OU or Aggy. The silence is telling. Always look where no attention is given. That's where you'll find the arbitrage. I am saying that OU is not proven and is ripe for the upset.

Mayo? Seriously? Mustard as a bonding agent is fairly common but.........mayo?

I've done mayo on BBQ chicken before. It worked pretty well and you couldn't taste it. Mayo has a lot of fat in it which keeps the meet moist. It didn't allow the skin to crisp up as much as I like though. I think the whole bonding agent stuff is overblown, I don't know what other people do but I've never had problems with the seasoning falling off when I'm BBQing.

I've done mayo on BBQ chicken before. It worked pretty well and you couldn't taste it. Mayo has a lot of fat in it which keeps the meet moist. It didn't allow the skin to crisp up as much as I like though. I think the whole bonding agent stuff is overblown, I don't know what other people do but I've never had problems with the seasoning falling off when I'm BBQing.
I'm pretty much with you on using anything to help stick rub to meat. If anything, ive found it to have the opposite effect on pork.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Pork is a non- issue. it's probably the easiest meat to cook and the hardest to mess up. I actually think Chicken is the hardest because it dries out so quickly. Brisket, once you get your technique down is easy, but you have to learn how to do it correctly.

All the criticism is being hurled at Texas and SE. None is going in the direction of OU or Aggy. The silence is telling. Always look where no attention is given. That's where you'll find the arbitrage. I am saying that OU is not proven and is ripe for the upset.

Sure, but I was talking about matchups that I was looking forward to. You seem to be talking about something completely different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT