ADVERTISEMENT

#LetsRide

I don't know about this being Strong's contribution? I vividly recall hearing an interview by Colt McCoy talking about riding for the brand etc. etc. long before Strong was even a thought. He said Let's ride for the brand or We ride for the brand or something like that. Kind of like the "Let's Roll" mantra. I'm thinking that phrase was used long before the 9-11 attacks.

Last edited:
Pretty lame regardless. It's not really some kind of awesome mantra. Just a random phrase coaches feel they have to use on Twitter. Looks pretty pathetic for someone to try to profit from it. I mean how many lets ride tshirts is he going to sell?

Pretty lame regardless. It's not really some kind of awesome mantra. Just a random phrase coaches feel they have to use on Twitter. Looks pretty pathetic for someone to try to profit from it. I mean how many lets ride tshirts is he going to sell?
I agree. It isn't a phrase that really separates Texas like "Havoc" would have. However, it isn't bad and 18-20 year old young men probably love it.

Yeah.....at least it doesn't smack of a way around paying for a recruit!

Regardless of the phrase being used some time in life before Strong, he made it synonymous with Texas commits. Whomever denies that, is being disingenuous. It's a lame move on Higdon's part, but I'm sure Strong doesn't care.

Regardless of the phrase being used some time in life before Strong, he made it synonymous with Texas commits. Whomever denies that, is being disingenuous. It's a lame move on Higdon's part, but I'm sure Strong doesn't care.

Pretty sure the Let's Ride crap started with East Coast basketball teams. Higdon is a perfect fit for all the mouth breathers on that board. Unfortunately, he is the only recruitnik that has inside staff connections these days.

Other than a Texas commit, I just don't understand who would buy a shirt. Your customer base is basically Texas recruiting junkies, and they know you are just ripping it off from Strong, and now you look like a complete tool to all the Texas recruiting subscribers. Outside of those people no one even knows what #LetsRide means. It's not like it's hook 'em or some other school motto, so who is buying this? Not to mention the conflict of interest it creates for Higdon covering recruits.

UT in the past has been very protective of their brand, I wonder if they still are under the new administration. If so, I can't imagine they like this.

I have no problem with the free market system. It sorts itself out. Cream rises, shit stinks. Unless government gets involved.

No, Pearland Sooner--before that Fat Lanny
Really? Mine should be easily traceable if true. If you knew anything 2thdk you'd know one of those was a sooner and one was an aggy. Nice implosion. Why so offended by a simple question? Seems like a simple no would have sufficed but instead you went on the offensive?

Really? Mine should be easily traceable if true. If you knew anything 2thdk you'd know one of those was a sooner and one was an aggy. Nice implosion. Why so offended by a simple question? Seems like a simple no would have sufficed but instead you went on the offensive?

OK, you got me--I'm Real Bear. Who's offended, asshole? How did I go on the offensive? And who gives a rat's ass?

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
OK, you got me--I'm Real Bear. Who's offended, asshole? How did I go on the offensive? And who gives a rat's ass?

I hate this time of year.....goes to show that we will argue...passionately over the most inane crap...

2016-05-13%2022.43.50.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT