ADVERTISEMENT

Lost a part of my soul this week

KoolMoD

Gold Member
Jul 18, 2014
I'm not really sure when we are grown? Lost my dad in '05...but I lost my mama this past week and part of my soul died too.

When you lose both parents does that make us grown? I'm not sure.Flew home to be with her before she passed and I know she saw me...she may have heard me. She died on her first grandson's (my son) birthday. They say she waited for him to get there and she took her last breath while my son held her hand.

I tried to get away today to do some soul searching. Could I be a better person, dad, husband...brother? I came to play golf at Ft. Greg, ironically named the Cardinal. I was by myself, when was good because I wept a lot. I was about to give up and go home when my phone rang and it was my son wishing my a Happy Father's day. I wished him the same and he told me being a coach is tough because they had two games today. How did I do it? We laughed. I told him I loved him and I carried on. Life is hard. I work hard, I parent hard, but I love hard too. I guess I finally realized the lessons my parents taught me....I must be grown. As I sat here in my truck to share this (sorry it's long) a female Cardinal came and sat on the branch next to me...she was beautiful. I said, "You found me Mom"! I wept again. Gotta get up, dust myself off and soldier on... it's what we do. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE. I tell my kids, I'm a father everyday 😌
Love you mama and I'll see you on the other side. ❤️😔

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News