ADVERTISEMENT

Lost to Kansas

Kansas brought me close to suicide in 1975. They defeated our National Championship team 23-3. Nolan Cromwell was their QB and I can still remember every play of that nightmare. Take heart UT cousins. You'll change coaches. If he doesn't work out you'll change again. #1, 2, or 3 top program in D-1-A college football history. This will all pass way too soon for OU fans and you'll get the top 10 recruits in Texas again, and win many future national titles. This happens to all of the blue bloods. Hang tough and wait it out.

Last edited:
Kansas brought me close to suicide in 1975. They defeated our National Championship team 23-3. Nolan Cromwell was there QB and I can still remember every play of that nightmare. Take heart UT cousins. You'll change coaches. If he doesn't work out you'll change again. #1, 2, or 3 top program in D-1-A college football history. This will all pass way too soon for OU fans and you'll get the top 10 recruits in Texas again, and win many future national titles. This happens to all of the blue bloods. Hang tough and wait it out.

I feel bad for anyone that loses their job, even if it's earned. But, I'm optimistic. Strong won as a DC at Florida and in his last 2 seasons at Louisville. Someone will give him a shot as a DC (P5) or a HC (non-P5). He earned that.

Still say he would be great at Houston or even Baylor.

Charlie has banked millions from the University of Texas.He has enough money to retire and not coach another game the rest of his life,My guess he will continue to coach and could do very well at another school.I like Charlie and his moral standards were good for the program but his football record has been unacceptable for Texas.

Reactions: swVAHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT