ADVERTISEMENT

Met William Graham

Archstradamus

Gold Member
Aug 4, 2011
In Maui yesterday. Had my Astros hat on and he poked me about last year’s loss to Rangers and Rangers WS win. Struck up a convo and found out he grew up in small town Silsbee, TX and baseball was his first love. I said, “Silsbee has put out some great football players.” At that point, his wife asked if I went to Texas, to which I said, “yes, I graduated in 1977, why? “ She nodded at him and said, “did he tell you he played at Texas”?

I asked him what his name was, and he said William Graham. I said, “dude I remember you!” I must be honest, it threw me at first because I thought William Graham was a DB, but this guy looked more like a DT ( as do I for that matter - Seems we both put on some girth since our playing days). We talked about the Cotton Bowl victory over Alabama in 1982 as well as last year’s team and the excitement of going into the SEC. He went on to play for Detroit Lions and now lives in Mansfield, TX. Active season ticket holder and Longhorn supporter. A really great guy!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News