ADVERTISEMENT

Most memorial win/loss

My picks are pretty noneventful with all things considered.
I have a tie for favorite game. '02 longhorns @ NC was the first game I was able to see Texas in a long while. It was Mack's first trip back since he left and I got a handful of visitors tickets. Rounded up my closest buds and joined a surprisingly large gathering of burnt orange to cheer on a blowout. Sounded more like a home game.

Tie obviously goes to the only natty in my lifetime although I wasn't in person. Active duty pay didn't quite cover it. However, I was at my then girlfriends NCSt university apartment rubbing it in all the Wolfpack alum faces as if I was on the field.

Worst is easy and requires ZERO explanation. Ranked Texas received a visit from ucla in 1997 and I was in the cheap seats with my older sister and her boyfriend. The seats sucked, the company sucked, the game really sucked.

Reactions: hookem777
The worst loss for me has to be the 66-3 UCLA or the loss to Tech in 08. That 2000 loss to OU where they beat the shit out of us 63-14 was also pretty demoralizing.

For wins I would say that 96 Big 12 Championship win over Nebraska was pretty awesome. They'd won 2 straight national championships and had just about destroyed every team in those 94 and 95 seasons. They came into that championship game averaging right around 50 points a game. Nobody expected us to win that game. That pretty much prevented them from winning 4 straight national championships. They went on to win another national championship in 97.

The next one has got to be the 05 national championship game.

Reactions: hookem777
worst loss?...I would put that( 1984) Cotton Bowl loss against Georgia . We not only lost a game, but lost a Natty as well. We had that game in complete control. Georgia could not move the ball on us at all. Then with time runniong out, we stopped them yet again on their half of the field. I think we led 9-3. They punted and it was a great punt...longer than expected and for some unknown reason our returner tried to catch the damned thing . He muffed it and Georgia recovered on about our 5 yd line it seemed like....It was devastating...

Statistics Georgia Texas
First Downs1314
Yards Rushing45–14947–110
Yards Passing66168
Passing6–20–18–26–2
Total Offense65–21573–278
Punts–Average9–417–46
Fumbles–Lost2–14–2
Turnovers24
Penalties–Yards3–256–52
Time of possession29:4130:19

Stats from the 1984 Cotton Bowl. Oldhorn is right. The Longhorns stuffed Georgia. Until the fumble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT