ADVERTISEMENT

New level of stupidity regarding Supreme Court

mnc2003

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2003
Being somewhat conservative and pro life, I am the last person who wants to see the Supreme Court shift to a more liberal bias. However, these assertions that Obama should wait and leave the nomination of a new justice for the next president are one of the most asinine things I have ever heard from a politician and that is saying something. Only a fool would think that any president should or would abdicate that particular responsibility. Every single argument for doing so that I have heard is utterly ridiculous as evidenced by the fact that if you ask the person would they nominate were they in the same situation, the answer is always yes.

This situation highlights the very reason that I have such a distrust for politicians. The fact that most if not all of the Republican candidates, even my favorite, Kasich are parroting such an idiotic position is extremely distressing. Do none of them have common sense? There is nothing that requires the Senate to even vote on much less confirm the nominee, and yet many republicans cling to the untenable position that the President shouldn't even nominate one.

I believe that the only way that politicians are able to get away with stuff like this is because they believe that the bulk of the American people are so stupid and polarized that they will go along with whatever they say as long as it confirms their original bias.

Unfortunately, this campaign season may be proving the politicians right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News