ADVERTISEMENT

No doubt the fix is in with this game

Hell....the hold on Ford was bad....caused another 15 yd penalty when Strong got to the official(who kept in Charlie's face till he finally threw the flag because they gave him one to carry). However....I never understood how anyone figured Heard threw a forward pass to (Daje?) that negated a TD....I watched that and watched that, but Heard had both feet forward of the yd line( 25 I think it was) and Daje had both feet behind the line when he first touched it...All I can say is that had it not been called it could not have been over turned based on what I saw.

Hell....the hold on Ford was bad....caused another 15 yd penalty when Strong got to the official(who kept in Charlie's face till he finally threw the flag because they gave him one to carry). However....I never understood how anyone figured Heard threw a forward pass to (Daje?) that negated a TD....I watched that and watched that, but Heard had both feet forward of the yd line( 25 I think it was) and Daje had both feet behind the line when he first touched it...All I can say is that had it not been called it could not have been over turned based on what I saw.
game of inches

As an aside.....Fizz.....However the score gets to how the score gets....when we play ya'lls sorry land thievin asses, if the final scoreboard says yall are ahead at the end, I am gonna be out there singing that crappy song. I dont blame officials for a game score.....I just dont mind calling their sorry no seeing butts out about it.

We could have won that game no matter what those mole eyed zebras did.....we just didnt.

You haven't had to whine on a regular basis because you have been on the other side of things. When you are winning, the bad calls don't mean much because you still find the way around it. When things turn around and your players and coaches learn to finish these games, the refs won't be able to cost you any game. In the end, if your punter executes and Charlie doesn't drop whatever he said to an official you aren't discussing the officiating.

We haven't had to whine because from 1999 to 2009 Texas was so much better than our competition that even the bad calls didn't change the outcome of the games.

I've never seen a football game so badly called on one side. I've seen bad calls here or there but this was a whole game of them. Never seen this before outside of the NBA.

Reactions: swVAHorn
Man if you watch an Aggie game Miles Garrett gets held on nearly every snap. The fumble he caused at the end of the game he was being held the entire time. It happens...with EVERY team. You know as well as I do that if A&M got hosed on a penalty call or multiple penalty calls you would be blasting us for crying about it. How do I know this..because this board has posted things from TexAgs about it.
No one is saying there are not bad calls in every game. We are specifically saying several bad calls that are not a 50/50 call but blatantly bad. I know you choose not to follow because you are aggy and aggy hates Texas more than they like themselves.

It has already been posted about how this particular crew calls twice as many calls against Texas as any other crew. The national media is speaking about this.

We still and always will own aggy. Must suck to be you. You will never see aggy reach the heights we have seen Texas reach. I will bet anything that Texas is going to win a Championship before aggy. Want to bet?

No one is saying there are not bad calls in every game. We are specifically saying several bad calls that are not a 50/50 call but blatantly bad. I know you choose not to follow because you are aggy and aggy hates Texas more than they like themselves.

It has already been posted about how this particular crew calls twice as many calls against Texas as any other crew. The national media is speaking about this.

We still and always will own aggy. Must suck to be you. You will never see aggy reach the heights we have seen Texas reach. I will bet anything that Texas is going to win a Championship before aggy. Want to bet?

Can you have an actual conversation without getting your feelings hurt? I made a statement about penalties. You go on the warpath. Relax. Is this about who is going to win the next championship? Is it about who owns who? It's about officiating. If you got your feelings hurt, my bad.

Can you have an actual conversation without getting your feelings hurt?
Can aggys be objective concerning UT like ever? The answer is no. And that ties directly back to championships and who owns whom.

Rule 9-3-4 Holding and Use of Hands or Arms: Defense (emphasis mine):
a. Defensive players may use hands and arms to push, pull, ward off or lift offensive players:
When attempting to reach the runner.
Who are obviously attempting to block them.
b. A defensive player legally may use his hands or arms to ward off or block an opponent in an attempt to reach a loose ball (Rule 9-1-5, Exceptions 3 and 4 and Rule 9-3-6, Exceptions 3 and 5):
During a backward pass, fumble or kick that he is eligible to touch.
During any forward pass that crossed the neutral zone and has been touched by any player or official.
c. When making no attempt to get at the ball or the runner, defensive players must comply with Article 3, paragraphs a and b above.
d. Defensive players may not use hands and arms to tackle, hold or otherwise illegally obstruct an opponent other than a runner.
e. Defensive players may ward off or legally block an eligible pass receiver until that player occupies the same yard line as the defender or until the opponent could not possibly block him. Continuous contact is illegal (A.R. 9-3-5-I).

I'm not sure, but maybe you watched a different game. The D lineman pulls up and his face ask makes contact with the QB facemask. Not enough contact to more him backwards. Celebratory head buts are 100x harder.

On the defensive holding call- first of all this was a running play. The lineman was being held (pulled down) by two offensive linemen. Not sure how that ones even called. If you listen to the announcers they watched the play several times and never saw it.

Both were horrible calls. Then there ere the other 7-8 bad calls...

Jagged is 100% correct here. Both calls were horrible. They were not close. I watched with Horn buddies and could not believe they called the helmet to helmet... they barely tapped. Maybe the ref goes over and says "you can't do that/it's close to a penalty", but, that is not a penalty. The holding call? Atrocious. Simply atrocious. You can hide behind hating Texas, but the reality is those calls marred the game. There is no place for calls like that ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT