ADVERTISEMENT

OB, Assemble! Another I Need a New Truck thread: F-150 (King Ranch or Raptor)

TheAngryHammer

Would you say I have a plethora of piñatas?
Gold Member
Jan 14, 2011
giphy.gif

I’m in the market for a new truck. I am going to drive the Dodge, Silverado, Tundra, and of course, as the title says, the Ford.

I’m leaning toward an F-150 for no other reason than I like the King Ranch. I have developed feelings for the Raptor as I was going down the build rabbit hole and found the Shelter Green color, which you can’t get in King Ranch. As I was walking down the path, I of course looked at the V8 option and if I went Raptor would just have to go that way (I tend to overbuy, but WTF, you can’t take it with you).

My current truck is a 2008 Tundra with 230K on it, so I have no issues buying new or slightly overbuying. Was going to replace just before COVID started and had all that nonsense happen, which just pushed my decision off because of inventories etc etc.

First questions that pop into mind:
1) In the Raptor, is the 3.5L V6 Ecoboost (450hp 510lb-ft) just not worth going Raptor? Should I go big or go home if going down the Raptor path (5.2L V8)?
2) Is the 3.5L V6 Powerboost (430HP 570 lb-ft of torque) enough engine in an F-150 King Ranch?
3) Anything comparable in the other truck models to the King Ranch?

Uses:
1) Daily Driver
2) Camping/moderate off road
3) Occasional towing/moderate duty
4) Hauling general yard stuff/mulch/light lumber etc etc

Thanks, OB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News