ADVERTISEMENT

Obama and his guns

LAXHORN

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2001
I think it's fairly evident that many of those that protect the 2nd Amendment do so out of a cultural connection to firearms. Obama pretty much said this with the famous 'cling to their guns' remark. Libs are more pragmatic about guns and want to ban them to save lives. They believe in their hearts that they can ban guns and therefore mass killings, terrorism and gang violence will disappear.

However, with such a pragmatic approach, you would expect a rational analysis on what each rule, regulation or law would do to reach the end that the Dems promote. What are the expectations of limits to mag size, what are the expectations on increased background checks or gun show loophole. If they presented the argument that by doing XYZ we will save N number of lives by the end of 2016, I think a lot more Americans would support them.

Obviously, they either don't do this because they don't know...or the data is not going to be favorable. I'm not sure what the other rationale is. Will Anderson ask Obama Thurs night, what number of the 30k would be alive next Jan?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News