ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official Texas vs The Fighting T. Boone Pickens

OSU BEING OSU.
Haha OSU fan crawling out from under the bed to make a first time post in this thread after the game is over. Don't worry OSU fan I'm a Sooner fan and you're going to be getting your annual Bedlam beatdown in a couple weeks. Enjoy your ranking until then like you always do.

We have a problem. Texas in the SEC will be completely average if not at the bottom. Our AD won't care as long as he cashes those checks. If you are going to follow Texas Athletics, I would recommend sports like basketball, baseball, volleyball, and swimming. Football ain't gonna be the attraction for a long time.
I’m looking to follow the UT synchronized swimming team if they have one.

At least in the SEC, we’ll have fun with the big time football atmospheres even if our OL and DL are getting their asses kicked.

I guess I'm one of the glass half full guys. We played ugly, but just not committing one or 2 crucial mistakes and we beat ou and okie state. Offseason wasn't normal this year. I'm giving Sark and his crew more time and another year. Only hope the OL/LB recruiting and transfers go well. Hook em🤘always

I don't know many, if any, that are blaming Sark. People are pissed that some of these players are either not very good, or too entitled to have any pride when they get hit in the mouth.

I guess I'm one of the glass half full guys. We played ugly, but just not committing one or 2 crucial mistakes and we beat ou and okie state. Offseason wasn't normal this year. I'm giving Sark and his crew more time and another year. Only hope the OL/LB recruiting and transfers go well. Hook em🤘always
I’ve been here too. But this is the same song and dance we’ve had for quite some time now. The overtime’s, the one play here and there, all the same except the date is different. I’m at acceptance stage until things change. I’ll give them time to do that since the staff is new but until then, we are who we are. Period. Half full or not, reality is reality.

Sark wasn't a bad hire. It doesn't seem to matter who Texas hires. Nothing changes. I don't see any reason to be optimistic that Texas is going to turn the corner. If anything, it's going to get a lot worse once Texas joins the SEC. It's hard to be enthusiastic about the football program going forward. I can only imagine that quite a few players have checked out after today. There's nothing left to play for this season.

This isn't about Sark or our coaching staff. I hate to keep beating this horse, but until we recruit the Oline like we do DBs and Wrs, we aren't going to win. I would be telling every 5 Star Olinemen in the country, "If you enroll early, you have a chance to start as a true freshman".

Reactions: gordo107
I’ve been here too. But this is the same song and dance we’ve had for quite some time now. The overtime’s, the one play here and there, all the same except the date is different. I’m at acceptance stage until things change. I’ll give them time to do that since the staff is new but until then, we are who we are. Period. Half full or not, reality is reality.

Exactly. We had these same conversations last year. "We were 4 plays from being a playoff team"

Yeah, we were also 4 plays from being 4-8.

Same narrative the year before...and the year before...and...well, you get it

Reactions: LonghornMM
This isn't about Sark or our coaching staff. I hate to keep beating this horse, but until we recruit the Oline like we do DBs and Wrs, we aren't going to win. I would be telling every 5 Star Olinemen in the country, "If you enroll early, you have a chance to start as a true freshman".

Yes and no. It absolutely IS about Sark and the coaching staff. The crap that they're putting on the field is on them, which affects recruiting. There is no doubt that it's imperative that Texas gets top quality O-linemen, but it's going to be very difficult to attract those kind of players after getting embarrassed week after week.

Yes and no. It absolutely IS about Sark and the coaching staff. The crap that they're putting on the field is on them, which affects recruiting. There is no doubt that it's imperative that Texas gets top quality O-linemen, but it's going to be very difficult to attract those kind of players after getting embarrassed week after week.
This is the same argument we always make. It isn't the cook's fault that ingredients suck.

This is the same argument we always make. It isn't the cook's fault that ingredients suck.

It very much is. It's up to the coach to change the culture and the direction of the program. Texas is in a perpetual dilemma. Rinse and repeat no matter who is hired.

Reactions: westx
Sark wasn't a bad hire. It doesn't seem to matter who Texas hires. Nothing changes. I don't see any reason to be optimistic that Texas is going to turn the corner. If anything, it's going to get a lot worse once Texas joins the SEC. It's hard to be enthusiastic about the football program going forward. I can only imagine that quite a few players have checked out after today. There's nothing left to play for this season.

Wow.. going to have to put the whole board on suicide watch. lol.. A couple of things:

1. At least you're getting leads in games - I think that possibly means that your coach has out schemed his opponent, but then a talent gap takes over, or something else goes wrong. But no matter how you look at it, it's a good thing.

2. I'd say UT needs to keep recruiting the QB spot hard. You need your next Vince Young or even Colt McCoy. That's what's going to put you back on the big stage. Maybe that's thompson, but maybe not.

3. Mack Brown won at UT, somebody else can too. Give your new coach a chance. It's way, way, way to early to judge his tenure.

There were 2 plays where I felt this would be the outcome....
1. The pick 6. Clearly, this was very deflating
2. The roughing-the-passer call on 3rd and long in the second OSU drive of the 3rd quarter. Even though this drive only resulted in an OSU FG, I remember thinking that this will come back to bite us since our defense was staying too long on the field.

Wow.. going to have to put the whole board on suicide watch. lol.. A couple of things:

1. At least you're getting leads in games - I think that possibly means that your coach has out schemed his opponent, but then a talent gap takes over, or something else goes wrong. But no matter how you look at it, it's a good thing.

2. I'd say UT needs to keep recruiting the QB spot hard. You need your next Vince Young or even Colt McCoy. That's what's going to put you back on the big stage. Maybe that's thompson, but maybe not.

3. Mack Brown won at UT, somebody else can too. Give your new coach a chance. It's way, way, way to early to judge his tenure.
At the beginning of the year everybody predicted 8-4 or around that and now that we are on that path it’s like everybody is surprised. Makes absolutely zero sense. I think some of our fans get a little to emotionally invested and maybe talk out of their ass but after the last 10 years that is to be expected.

We are weak. Play well in the first half of the game but then get tired and get pushed around on both lines. The problems look like conditioning to me.

At the beginning of the year everybody predicted 8-4 or around that and now that we are on that path it’s like everybody is surprised. Makes absolutely zero sense. I think some of our fans get a little to emotionally invested and maybe talk out of their ass but after the last 10 years that is to be expected.
This is true, however the way we are losing is what is ticking everybody off. I am assuming everybody thought our offense and defense would be okay before the season. Turns out that our offense is actually playing above average, but our defense is very bad and they look lost. Regardless of our players being out of shape, mentally weak or whatever, doesn't matter. That is the coach's responsibility. We have high rated recruits on defense that need harsh ass chewing, discipline, conditioning-basically, whatever it takes to play like a blue blood school should. The bitching is justified because of this embarrassing lost defense.

This is true, however the way we are losing is what is ticking everybody off. I am assuming everybody thought our offense and defense would be okay before the season. Turns out that our offense is actually playing above average, but our defense is very bad and they look lost. Regardless of our players being out of shape, mentally weak or whatever, doesn't matter. That is the coach's responsibility. We have high rated recruits on defense that need harsh ass chewing, discipline, conditioning-basically, whatever it takes to play like a blue blood school should. The bitching is justified because of this embarrassing lost defense.
Do we have highly rated recruits on defense? agree
Are we a blue blood FB school with the elevated fans' expectations that come with that status? disagree

As I posted in another thread, the cold, hard truth is we are a FB blue blood only in the history books. Highly rated recruits don’t care about history and aren't persuaded by the legend of Darrel Royal, Bobby Layne or Knute Rockne - cold, hard truth. Today’s recruits (15-17 year olds) began paying serious attention to FB around the year 2010. Since that date, there are arguably only 2-4 FB blue bloods and we ain’t one of them. It will be a while before we get back to that level year after year.

If one is a blue blood, you don't have ass chewing, discipline, conditioning issues week after week, year after year.

Reactions: LonghornMM
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT