ADVERTISEMENT

Old men yelling at clouds in this thread

Texas1999

Hater extraordinaire
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2004
So the Luka thread got me thinking about one of things that has really turned me off on basketball. Let me just say I love basketball and have been playing and watching basketball my whole life. I have 4 boys and have coached their teams over the years as well. I still watch basketball but it is now mostly just my boys games, the Longhorns, and an NBA game here and there but I used to watch any and every game I could.

All that being said, basketball is getting really tough with the rules about travelling and carrying the ball which are effectively non-existent anymore. To a lesser extent this has been an issue in the NBA forever where they let the superstars get away with a little extra hop and carrying the ball a bit. However it has now infiltrated every level of basketball and is getting ridiculous. I watched 7th and 8th grade boys this past week and the carrying the ball is just how they dribble now. The only travelling I see called now is when a player goes to the floor.

Just curious what other issues do you all see these days that either drive you nuts or makes watching a game (any sport) almost unwatchable?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News