ADVERTISEMENT

Old News, but Notre Dame are Chicken ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we appreciate your having a good time here then......Ara64.......yep....that's the year he tied one for the Gipper, or was that 67?

The 2nd half of the year you lost to average wvu, average tech at home and got routed by isu. This makes 2 comments of yours that make little to no sense lol. Don't resort to childish name calling because we are a little bewildered by what you posted. Maybe you will be better this year but like all of us, we have no idea here in July

Yet we smashed you guys..... funny how we can make things look when we just pick and chose what parameters to look at isnt it?

And fwiw -we lost to tech by what 3 points? Same as osu and cal basically.. all three were winnable games if not fir a few specific plays/calls. To say we were trailng out at the end of the year is stupid. Yeah we did poorly overall, but we beat ou and baylor and should have beaten a few others.... stuff happens, but anyone who isnt biased could see there was improvement from the team and good things to come.. which is why Texas is being ranked going in to this year.

I wasn't in favor of ND cancelling the last two games in the series. I have a deep respect for Texas Football. I'll never forget the '70 and '71 Cotton Bowl battles. ND vs Texas, Coach Royal vs Coach Parseghian, and two elite programs battling it out on New Years Day. Priceless.

The '79 Cotton Bowl was shabby either.

Reactions: LonghornSoldier
1. Texas beat Ou by 7 ( not smashed )

2. Your fellow poster stated as the season wore on y'all improved. I decided to go with the 2nd half of the year for an example

3. Never stated y'all were trailing out at the end of the year

Well we appreciate your having a good time here then......Ara64.......yep....that's the year he tied one for the Gipper, or was that 67?

You are talking MSU in '66? The first "Game of the Century."

ND lost their QB & was playing a backup against one of the greatest college defenses ever (4 of the first 8 picks in '67 draft) on the road in East Landing. #2 MSU was 9-0, #1 ND was 8-0.
Game finished 10-10 when ND ran out the clock instead of trying to score.
ND beat USC the following week 51-0 with their regular QB. Neither team played in a bowl.
ND finished first in both the AP & UPI winning the national title, so it turned out to be smart.

You are talking MSU in '66? The first "Game of the Century."

ND lost their QB & was playing a backup against one of the greatest college defenses ever (4 of the first 8 picks in '67 draft) on the road in East Landing. #2 MSU was 9-0, #1 ND was 8-0.
Game finished 10-10 when ND ran out the clock instead of trying to score.
ND beat USC the following week 51-0 with their regular QB. Neither team played in a bowl.
ND finished first in both the AP & UPI winning the national title, so it turned out to be smart.

Cmon now don't act like the ND privilege is a myth its not. Nobody else could have gotten away with doing that. If MSU had done that they'd have dropped faster than a hot potato in the polls. However ND stayed #1. You're obviously a smart man I'm sure you know all the years of the ND privilege. Imo if Stanford had missed that fg on the last play of the game you guys would have jumped Oklahoma into the last playoff spot.

Cmon now don't act like the ND privilege is a myth its not. Nobody else could have gotten away with doing that. If MSU had done that they'd have dropped faster than a hot potato in the polls. However ND stayed #1. You're obviously a smart man I'm sure you know all the years of the ND privilege. Imo if Stanford had missed that fg on the last play of the game you guys would have jumped Oklahoma into the last playoff spot.

In '66 they were the two best teams in the country, no doubt. They still might hold the record for most players drafted in the NFL from one game.
In a tied game, the road team with a backup QB got the benefit. Both held their rankings. (ND didn't jump anyone & MSU didn't fall).
And nobody played the last week except ND & USC (and no bowls either) so ND impressed in 51-0 win.
Last year was a tough call. OU lost to a 5-7 team at a Neutral site by 7 (the same team ND beat by 35). ND lost to #1, undefeated team on road on a 2 point conversion.
And it's not OU's fault, but by the time they played Baylor & TCU those teams were in shambles.
As for privledge, that was before my time. In fact, you can read how it actually turned opposite by the late 80's with growing resentment towards ND nationally. So I grew up seeing the '89 & '93 ND teams get screwed out of either two co-titles or one outright title.
In '89 they lost to Miami, but Miami then lost. ND was told Miami was champs because of head to head. Makes sense. Then in '93 ND beat FSU, but then lost. But ND was told head to head didn't matter. What? Jimmy Johnson of all people (coach from '89 Miami team) notified Holtz that coaches were voting against ND on purpose because they didn't want ND to win the title the same year of the initial NBC contract. Back then polls were confidential (which now changed), but some of the coaches (like Tom Osbourne & Bobby Bowden) voted ND 4th or 5th (behind two-loss teams). So ND should either have co-titles in '89 & '93 or an outright in '93.
Kind of like the year you beat OU head to head, but they went to the title game. All of the sudden head to head didn't matter? Lol

So I fully realize the ND privledge going back in the day, but by the mid '80s it went 180 degrees. Now everybody loves to crush them any way they can. Think about the fact that since ND doesn't have a conference they play every home game with opponent's officials. (So Big12 last year when Texas came to SB). Now they get ACC officials (who hates them) for road games. Awesome.

Sorry for rambling.

The polls were handled differently back then. There weren't as many close teams as there is today. I noticed that ND beat OU 38-0 at Norman that year. ND gave up only 38 points over a 10 game schedule in '66. They destroyed USC on the road 51-0. ND earned that championship on the field in 1966. Oh, ND and MSU finished 1-2 in the polls in 1966.

2. Your fellow poster stated as the season wore on y'all improved. I decided to go with the 2nd half of the year for an example

Did you even WATCH that game? Texas clearly outclassed the Sooners on that day, and took the high road and sure win, rather than punching it in again. Smart choice by Charlie Strong. Stoops wouldn't have made that same decision.

I am not claiming that ND was not great in 66....I just was pissed that they didn't try to win out right....Ted Williams didn't ditch out the second game of the double header in 1942to insure ending the season over 400....He said if he couldn't do it the right way he didn't deserve to be over 400. ND just might have won that game outright, but they didn't even try. Being smart had nothing to do with it.

According to who? You? Lol. Texas beat Ou in the trenches and deserved the win but let's not get carried away. Texas fans better hope and pray they beat Oklahoma this year or they will have nothing to brag on. Right now it's all y'all are clinging too...#okiestatestyle

When Charlie Strong made those decisions in the 4th Q, I knew:
a. We'd win.
b. A few Sooners, or even many Sooners, would eventually start claiming this.

I just thought they'd wait a couple years.

----------
Sorry, Wasatch, for feeding the troll. I didn't mean to disrupt your thread about Notre Dame backing out of games against what we expect to be powerful Texas teams in 2019 and 2020.

Last edited:
As I said Texas fans better hope and pray they beat Ou again this year or it appears there would be nothing left to brag on. I mean if Oklahoma rolls Texas then what? Bring up head to head for the next 360+ days? Lol

LOL, no we chose not to run up the score, it's called winning with class, so of course a dipshit sooner fan wouldn't understand.

According to who? You? Lol. Texas beat Ou in the trenches and deserved the win but let's not get carried away. Texas fans better hope and pray they beat Oklahoma this year or they will have nothing to brag on. Right now it's all y'all are clinging too...#okiestatestyle

We beat your ass in every way possible, the game wasn't even competitive.

When Charlie Strong made those decisions in the 4th Q, I knew:
a. We'd win.
b. A few Sooners, or even many Sooners, would eventually start claiming this.

I just thought they'd wait a couple years.

----------
Sorry, Wasatch, for feeding the troll. I didn't mean to disrupt your thread about Notre Dame backing out of games against what we expect to be powerful Texas teams in 2019 and 2020.

As long as you continue to bitch slap these idiot sooners feel free to feed the trolls all you want.

As I said Texas fans better hope and pray they beat Ou again this year or it appears there would be nothing left to brag on. I mean if Oklahoma rolls Texas then what? Bring up head to head for the next 360+ days? Lol

Texas is still the class of this conference, even when we suck at football we are the brand that drives the big 12.

Beating you pricks is just what we like doing. Get ready because the next 4 years will not be fun for you okie punks.

I hope in the future you choose to respond in an adult manner and refrain from child like responses. Texas won convincingly and it was a solid win, however let's not talk build it Into something it isn't. Whether you care to admit it or not Oklahoma is the king of the conference. That's evident by the combination of the national championships, conference titles , Heismans, etc. You want the name recognition? Sure you can have it. Lol.

I am not claiming that ND was not great in 66....I just was pissed that they didn't try to win out right....Ted Williams didn't ditch out the second game of the double header in 1942to insure ending the season over 400....He said if he couldn't do it the right way he didn't deserve to be over 400. ND just might have won that game outright, but they didn't even try. Being smart had nothing to do with it.
This is amazing, I don't know if anyone will top that. Hitting .400 for an entire season is crazy

In '66 they were the two best teams in the country, no doubt. They still might hold the record for most players drafted in the NFL from one game.
In a tied game, the road team with a backup QB got the benefit. Both held their rankings. (ND didn't jump anyone & MSU didn't fall).
And nobody played the last week except ND & USC (and no bowls either) so ND impressed in 51-0 win.
Last year was a tough call. OU lost to a 5-7 team at a Neutral site by 7 (the same team ND beat by 35). ND lost to #1, undefeated team on road on a 2 point conversion.
And it's not OU's fault, but by the time they played Baylor & TCU those teams were in shambles.
As for privledge, that was before my time. In fact, you can read how it actually turned opposite by the late 80's with growing resentment towards ND nationally. So I grew up seeing the '89 & '93 ND teams get screwed out of either two co-titles or one outright title.
In '89 they lost to Miami, but Miami then lost. ND was told Miami was champs because of head to head. Makes sense. Then in '93 ND beat FSU, but then lost. But ND was told head to head didn't matter. What? Jimmy Johnson of all people (coach from '89 Miami team) notified Holtz that coaches were voting against ND on purpose because they didn't want ND to win the title the same year of the initial NBC contract. Back then polls were confidential (which now changed), but some of the coaches (like Tom Osbourne & Bobby Bowden) voted ND 4th or 5th (behind two-loss teams). So ND should either have co-titles in '89 & '93 or an outright in '93.
Kind of like the year you beat OU head to head, but they went to the title game. All of the sudden head to head didn't matter? Lol

So I fully realize the ND privledge going back in the day, but by the mid '80s it went 180 degrees. Now everybody loves to crush them any way they can. Think about the fact that since ND doesn't have a conference they play every home game with opponent's officials. (So Big12 last year when Texas came to SB). Now they get ACC officials (who hates them) for road games. Awesome.

Sorry for rambling.

Thinking 2005 Texas vs USC would hold the record for most players drafted rom a single game.....Leinart, Bush,White, VY, JC, RObison, Huff, The Griffen boys, David Thomas, most of both lines from both teams.. etc etc.... good read aside from that. I remember the glory days of domer football in the 80' and 90's... ND was always one of my secondaty favorite teams behind Texas.... wel them and Michigan... but I remember watching all those games when i was younger.

I hope in the future you choose to respond in an adult manner and refrain from child like responses. Texas won convincingly and it was a solid win, however let's not talk build it Into something it isn't. Whether you care to admit it or not Oklahoma is the king of the conference. That's evident by the combination of the national championships, conference titles , Heismans, etc. You want the name recognition? Sure you can have it. Lol.

Talk build it? Texas dominated ou in that game in the trenches.... final score was misleading as Texas diddecide to run out clock instead of score against ou... trying to argue that it was closer than it looks is asinine. EVERYONE talked about how Texas manhandled ou for weeks after that game - partially bc they could fingure out how Texas could play so bad vs teams like ISU....

The whole king of the conference thing is laughable too... yeah you got trophies etc... but you also hold the distinction of soem of the grandest embarrassing losses in the conference as well..... it is what it is though..... yall have the history on your side in the Big 12 - we just happen to have scoreboard on you... last year and overall... I find solace in that to a degree, but expect more this year....

After we dust ou again this year, I expect to hear grand excuses abotu how much closer the game was than it seemed etc etc.... and to see sooner traffic start waning....

Fun fact - did you know Perine has yet to break 100 yards TOTAL vs Texas over 2 games COMBINED to this point? Gonna be a long day for sooners in Dallas again... hope yall come in unbeaten and ranked high... make our win so much sweeter.

I mean if Oklahoma rolls Texas then what? Bring up head to head for the next 360+ days? Lol
If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle. Win or lose, we'll settle it on the field Oct 8.

920x920.jpg

Hook 'em

Reactions: LonghornSoldier
Soldier I could have swore Ive said about TEN TIMES Texas dominated Ou in the trenches and that's why y'all won. Geez guys please read. And yes you do have scoreboard from last year. Okie state fans cough cough .

I hope in the future you stop being so antagonistic and also stop with your gabage. Had ou won that game you tards wouldbe howling that stoops took his foot off the gas and it was far worse than the score showed.... double standards are retarded. And you know what I am saying is about as true as it can be.......

We smashed you guys - everyone talked about it for weeks in the national media.... regardless of what YOU and your fans seem to think, the rest of the country watched us manhandle you and dominate all phases of the game. Those are just facts, but keep on pumping your own version of sushine and manufactured reality to your hearts desire - it wont changewhat everyone knows really happened.

Soldier I could have swore Ive said about TEN TIMES Texas dominated Ou in the trenches and that's why y'all won. Geez guys please read. And yes you do have scoreboard from last year. Okie state fans cough cough .

Okie state fans - cough cough - "It was closer than it looked even though yall took knees inside the 10 to not run up the score and dominated us at the LOS which in turn meant yall dominated us in pretty much every other aspect of the game.... but it was closer than the score showed"....

yeah you guys are sounding a lot like okie lite here... or maybe aggyish.... you lost, got dominated. Texas CHOSE not to score more when we could have really opened it up... the score doesnt reflect the domination of Texas in this game.

We had roughly 100 more yards than ou, didnt have to pass at ll to win/score/move the ball as is shown by our 55 yards passing.... we were better by a long shot in 3rd down efficiency.....+4 mins on TOP......better YPC on the ground by a long shot.....won the turnover battle...... etc etc etc.... but yeah, it was closer than the score *eye roll followed by facepalm* you got SMASHED..... wake up and admit what everyone else that isnt a sooner can easily see and admit.... Texas owned your asses in October last year....stats and reality back that up - unlike your revisionist version of history.

And btw - we did all of that without even having a decent QB on the roster..... you should be worried about this yea... very worried... I expect Texas to win.. and I expect CS to bump that score up there this year. Make all the excuses and revisions that make you comfortable - wont change the fact we smashed you last year and will probably do it again this year.

Like I said talk is cheap.... let's make a sig bet if you are so confident. Soldier let me ask you a question, do you ever see me talking about our wins vs Texas over the years ? Know why I dont? Big time programs don't brag for months and years over wins against elite programs because they expect to win. Fans of wvu, okie. State, etc. do that.

So when Texas loses by just a bit, the game was totally winnable and should basically be looked on for the follow season as a tie
(see Cal, Tec, etc. games as described by Texas fans ITT)

But when Texas wins by just a bit, it wasn't the other team "almost tying" but rather Texas completely dominating

This is the consistent logic we're going with??

So when Texas loses by just a bit, the game was totally winnable and should basically be looked on for the follow season as a tie
(see Cal, Tec, etc. games as described by Texas fans ITT)

But when Texas wins by just a bit, it wasn't the other team "almost tying" but rather Texas completely dominating

This is the consistent logic we're going with??
There is more to it than "simple" point differential and if you're speaking of OU....Texas skull $&cked them in Dallas! The competition wasn't even close! Texas simply stuck to the ground game and ran the rock.

Texas was competitive with Cal, tech and the Pokes...

OU was never in the damn game Domer, much like Texas was never in the game at South Bend.

Reactions: HornsRuleU
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT