ADVERTISEMENT

One last thought about Sam

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
I said in the summer that this 4 game stretch SC,TCU,@KSU,&OK, would determine our season. Clob94 corrected me and said it was to early to say that and he's right. I thought there was no way we'd lose to MD but we did. I didn't dare think we'd win all 4 but we did.

Beat SC and snap a 4 game losing streak to the Pac XII ✔
Snap that ridiculous 4 game losing streak to the cockroaches ✔
Win at Manhattan, KS ✔
OK need i say anything more?

I feel like we are finally righting so many wrongs from this decade and we still need to settle a score with OSU.

But the difference maker in all those games was Sam Ehlinger. He outplayed JT Daniels, he outplayed Shawn Robinson, he led a great drive against KSU where he ran out the last 6 minutes of the game. And he matched up well today against KM. He doesn't have a great long ball but neither did Colt. He's not as good a runner as Colt but the kid is absolutely fearless.

I haven't felt this good about TX fb in 10 years. I look at the rest of our schedule and I don't see a team we can't beat. But with this team I don't see a team we can't lose to either. Which makes this team so much fun to watch.

HookemHorns

Last edited:
I haven't felt good good about TX fb in 10 years. I look at the rest of our schedule and I don't see a team we can't beat. But with this team I don't see a team we can't lose to either. Which makes this team so much fun to watch.

After these last two games, they just might be the new "Cardiac Kids".....

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Colt had a great long ball. Colt was definitely faster and more elusive in the pocket, but Sam is a much more powerful runner and can get those extra yards and first downs that Colt couldn’t by brute force and power.

I said in the summer that this 4 game stretch SC,TCU,@KSU,&OK, would determine our season. Clob94 corrected me and said it was to early to say that and he's right. I thought there was no way we'd lose to MD but we did. I didn't dare think we'd win all 4 but we did.

Beat SC and snap a 4 game losing streak to the Pac XII ✔
Snap that ridiculous 4 game losing streak to the cockroaches ✔
Win at Manhattan, KS ✔
OK need i say anything more?

I feel like we are finally righting so many wrongs from this decade and we still need to settle a score with OSU.

But the difference maker in all those games was Sam Ehlinger. He outplayed JT Daniels, he outplayed Shawn Robinson, he led a great a great drive against KSU where he ran out the last 6 minutes of the game. And he matched up well today against KM. He doesn't have a great long ball but neither did Colt. He's not as good a runner as Colt but the kid is absolutely fearless.

I haven't felt good good about TX fb in 10 years. I look at the rest of our schedule and I don't see a team we can't beat. But with this team I don't see a team we can't lose to either. Which makes this team so much fun to watch.

HookemHorns

Yes, osu has it coming.... I remember a game in which CS was the coach and there was the most atrocious officiating I can remember. I would add that sand aggy has it coming as well after last year.

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT