Orangebloods.com staff predictions

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
Alex Dunlap

Too many injuries. And, Texas is playing against a team that is just too good in Baylor, even with only a third-string QB pulling the trigger. Charlie Strong's Texas Longhorns are (self admittedly) a team that can't get into any "track meets," and track meets are what Art Briles does best, weather-permitting - especially against bad teams. The current offensive staff's last game at Texas will be a blowout, officially making Strong the losing-est HC in Longhorns football history based on win-percentage, and further cementing his status as squarely on the hot seat coming into 2016.

Baylor 55 - Texas 28

Geoff Ketchum

Let's move on to 2016. It's the only thing that matters.

Baylor 37 Texas 17

Dustin McComas

Unfortunately for the Longhorns, this is starting to shape up as a game that could get ugly. Even though Baylor is down to its third quarterback Chris Johnson, the Longhorns are down to backups all over the defense. And it's a defense that was wore down and gashed in the second half of the Texas Tech game.

Texas will be able to move the ball some on the ground with some success. But it won't be able to just depend on that the entire game, and at some point will have to hit on some throws down the field against aggressive Baylor man coverage.

On the other side of the ball, Texas needs to force turnovers to have a chance. If not, the hurry-up style combined with Baylor's weapons are eventually going to have success moving the ball up-and-down the field against a depleted defense.

Baylor 48 - Texas 23

Blake Munroe

This team doesn't play well on the road, period. Even though it's 90 minutes away, it's still on the road and that isn't good by any means. Add that to the fact that Baylor is an offensive machine and the forecast is a little gloomy.

I do think the Bears will come out flat due to their big loss to TCU, which knocked them out of the playoff picture. Of course they're still playing for the Sugar Bowl bid, but it's not the same. Due to that fact, along with they're on their third string quarterback, I think it will be closer than anticipated.

Bears win by two scores.

Baylor 44 - Texas 30

Anwar Richardson

There is just no way I can predict a close outcome based on how Texas has performed on the road this season. Add in injuries, plus players just wanting to finish this season, and this game could get out of hand fairly quickly.

The only good thing about this game is more playing time for the freshman. Since Texas will not appear in a bowl game, they will have another learning opportunity on Saturday. Other than that, it will be another long afternoon, and if Art Briles has a chance to run up the score, he will.

Baylor 45 - Texas 13

Jason Suchomel

Texas on the road is a recipe for disaster, so I can see why people are picking this to be a blowout. However, I'm not completely sold on Baylor with it down to its third-string quarterback.

I think this game plays close into the third quarter and is relatively low scoring before the Bears pull away late.

Baylor 31 - Texas 17

Reactions: bozans

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.