ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone love working in an office but decided to go near fully remote for family/other reasons?

saw22286

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2009
Dallas
Family lives in Dallas for 8 yrs for my job. Outside of the first year of Covid, I go into the office at least 4 and usually 5 days a week because I love it. Love the people, culture, all the old school reasons to go in. I also have a full set up at home and often work some at night and weekends.

Wife hates being in Dallas, misses her friends and family in Austin and I also miss our friends and family in austin. My dad in austin also had Alzheimer’s so I’m feeling a pull to spend more time. Kids are 2,4,5.

I’m kicking around the idea of what it would be like to move back to Austin and me going nearly fully remote with my company, maybe travel back to Dallas for Tues-thurs every other week so get FaceTime with my team. Curious if anyone has done this with a similar experience.

Cons to me are I don’t enjoy working from home, I do it when I have to but really love being on the office with a team daily. It’s a big deal for me but also is the only real reason we are in Dallas so I recognize a level of selfishness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News