ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cisco's Restaurant receiving grant money for preservation efforts from the National Trust for Historic Preservation

mirvin

Alright, alright, alright. Get it on!
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2007
Austin, Tx
Looks like they have received a big boost to maintain their preservation status as a mainstay in the local eatery community and help avoid being a casualty against possible development.

For years as gentrification and condo development have rocked the east Austin scene, ... i would always wonder if they might be one that would be swallowed up. Considering all the other Austin eateries that have fallen by the wayside in the name of development, they have proven to be a true warrior. Now, they have literal, 'Name Backing' recognition from the D.C. organization.

I'm sure many of you on here have a tale or two of pre-game meals or drunken debauchery hangover remedies sought at Cisco's. Maybe consider sharing so we can get a laugh or two.

I took at a look at the list that Cisco's made to see if any other Texas restaurants were on it. Only two others were, both in Houston. The other 47 are from other states. Maybe one of them is one that you have eaten at.

Reactions: duqu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News