OT: Divorce Lawyer in Houston

hookem0886

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2010
Anyone have any good recs for a divorce lawyer in Houston. I have a coworker who has been going through hell with her current attorney. Basically, the attorney keeps forgetting to do basic stuff in preparation and the judge just skips over them because the attorney isnt prepared (forgetting to inform OAG Child Support, sending out wrong notification of trial dates, forgetting to include criminal charges in the case file, etc.). She's been really frustrated and basically told the attorney she wouldn't need her services anymore.

The entire divorce sounds like a pretty easy case, which is why she is getting so frustrated why it hasn't been taken care of yet. They have been together for 17 years or something, have 4 kids. She's been trying to leave the guy fully for 7 years but has been unsuccessful for multiple reasons. Guy convinced her to officially marry him 4 years ago, that was obviously a mistake and she has been separated from him for 2 years now. He's attached airtags to her car to track where she goes, has two protective orders against him, harrasses family and friends, manipulates the kids like crazy to report to him what she is doing, etc.

She gave me permission to throw out some of the details to see if I knew of anyone that could help her out. Figured the OB crew could help me point her in the right direction. He's been served with papers but he ignores them and hasn't showed up to any hearings from what I'm told. I want to say this whole process started like almost a year ago but I could be wrong.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.