ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Go Astros!!

Rangers? Who are they?

Been an Astros fan since the JR Richard, Enos Cabell, Jose Cruz, Terry Puhl days......my only pro sports team.

Rangers? Who are they?

Been an Astros fan since the JR Richard, Enos Cabell, Jose Cruz, Terry Puhl days......my only pro sports team.
Here, here Oldschool, myself as well. But you can't help but like the current young studs they have now.

Rangers? Who are they?

I'm a youngster, but I've been a fan of the Rangers since the Oddibe McDowell, Pete Incavigila, Steve Buechele, Rafael Palmerio, Julio Franc, Rusty Greer, Kenny Rogers, Pudge Rodriguez, Charlie Hough, Jose Guzman, Mitch Williams, Ruben Sierra, Don Slaught.......Days. I took to them around the age of 10.

My loyalties are with the Astros as my first game was to see Mike Scott pitch in the Astrodome as a kid but I've been a fan of both since Nolan left the Astros and went to the Rangers and I moved to the Dallas area at the same time. I always route for the Astros when we play head to head.

Rangers? Who are they?

Seriously, Arlington? Been an Houston baseball fan since 4/10/62 when Schantz beat the Cubs and Mejias went deep with two 3-run bombs! Colt 45s Forever!

Ugh. No. No teams from Houston. I mean, I don't hate Rice... just root against them when we play them, particularly in baseball. But everything else? Nah. These aren't MY Yankees anymore, but I'll root for them or the Rangers over the rest.

(I'm sure I just put off a few people on here, but when you were born just north of Boston to parents from the NJ/NY area... and your first sports experience ever was when you were a munchkin dressed in pinstripes with a Yankees pennant... at Fenway... it can stick with you a bit. Definitely had plenty of time to become a fan of the Rangers though. Was growing up in the DFW area while Nolan Ryan was giving Ventura noogies.)

Even if the manager is from Oklahoma??
Nice try. Not originally, so he is o.k. in my book. He was smart enough to leave and smart enough to attend Stanford.
Hinch lived in Nashua, Iowa, until he was eight and moved to Oklahoma. He is a 1992 graduate of Midwest City (Oklahoma) High School where he was drafted in the second round. He elected to attend Stanford Universitywhere he was a third-round pick after his junior year in 1995.

Nice try. Not originally, so he is o.k. in my book. He was smart enough to leave and smart enough to attend Stanford.
Hinch lived in Nashua, Iowa, until he was eight and moved to Oklahoma. He is a 1992 graduate of Midwest City (Oklahoma) High School where he was drafted in the second round. He elected to attend Stanford Universitywhere he was a third-round pick after his junior year in 1995.

Yes I know went to elementary middle and high school with him.

KC will be hard battle to say the least. I'm just happy that my Stros are about 2 years ahead of projections. Wish I could say the same about our Horns.

I remember as a kid going into the dome and just being in awe of its size.

The first time Jose cruz came up to bat and the crowd did the "Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzz" I asked my mom why they were booing him. I was like, 8 or so.

Amish mafia guy looked good last night. Am I the only one that thinks kegel muscles when they're saying his name though?

Amish mafia guy looked good last night. Am I the only one that thinks kegel muscles when they're saying his name though?
As long as you aren't into 70's bush and looking at his mouth while thinking it, it's not completely weird.

Reactions: CAHorn47
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT