ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stanford Rape Victim Letter

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbak...read-to-her-ra?utm_term=.karka2KkN#.db1odlyon

I don't have kids-- but I read this letter and----- if you can make it through this without shedding a tear you need to question your soul.

I have a 17 year old daughter and I've had numerous talks with her about safety and drinking. This is just a reminder that I need to keep the reminders up of not trusting every soul out there. If you're going to drink (which I wish she wouldn't and she hasn't) be responsible and make sure you watch your drinks. My brother in law laughs at the stuff I tell her but just like I told him. You don't have a daughter to watch/raise I do! Raising a daughter is not as easy as raising a boy in my opinion.

I also read that article about the Stanford rape . . . and what that asshat did to that girl made me want to vomit. And to only get 6 months in jail for it to boot! The judge and that frat boy need a good bitch slapping. Having said that, the girl's behavior just made me shake my head in disbelief too. Why do women, especially attractive ones, think they can go to frat parties and pass out drunk around complete strangers? Hell, I'm a fairly big guy and I wouldn't ever do that for fear of getting robbed or worse.

When I was at UT, I bar-tended at The County Line on the Lake just off the loop. One night one of the cocktails came in all upset. She had gotten attacked by a guy with knife the night before and barely managed to get away. Turns out she was doing her laundry at 2 am, in the laundry room of her apt complex, while wearing nothing but her panties and bra! Anyone awake at that hour could have just looked over there and seen her. And this gal was super good looking and fairly smart. I just don't get placing yourself in situations like that?? Don't these gals know there are predators everywhere and sometimes they look like Opey Taylor not an outlaw biker. :confused:

I agree the sentencing in this case is an absolute joke, that judge should have his license pulled for that and for the explanation that was given. Nobody and I mean nobody should be able to get 6 months for rape. But all that to say, and I try to stress this to the high school kids that I work with at our church, by not putting yourself in those type of situations will dramatically lower the chances of something like that happening. However, I am glad that no one tried to take advantage of me the times where I had way too much to drink.

I get that, and she owned the fact that she shouldn't have been there drinking as much as she did.

But with that said, you should be able to go to a party, have some drinks and not have to worry about sh!t like this happening.

Reactions: ASURAM2010
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT