ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Little Things In Life (Father’s Day Related)

HotCheeto

A&M wore glow in the dark uniforms in the daytime
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2017
Austin, Texas
You ever had a seemingly small moment in life break you down and make you step back and think about what’s really important? I just got home from doing “Donuts With Dad” at my 3 year olds daycare and for some reason I was just overcome with emotion. The realization that my little man is growing up faster than I ever anticipated, and getting to spend quality daddy/son time with him in an environment that we don’t typically get to interact in, on top of the fact that I could tell he wanted to cry when I finally had to leave his class but he didn’t because he’s so grown now that he knows how to (mostly) handle his emotions on his own - it’s all made me a massive baby this morning and has me really appreciating what life has given me as we head into Father’s Day weekend.

I broke down when calling my wife on the way home and I really don’t know why. I think I just had one of those really cool parenting moments where you just take it all in and it overwhelms you in the best way possible. I don’t have a good relationship with my father, so getting to make these memories with my little guy is just very special to me.

Sorry for the dear diary. I don’t know what the point of this post is really, I just felt overcome with happiness/sadness/gratefulness all at once and wanted to share in hopes that some of you may also take a step back and appreciate the small things today. Go have some donuts with your kids🙂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News