ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Update on my daughter (brain cancer)

EmiratesHorn

Gold Member
Jun 13, 2001
This was posted by her husband:

ANOTHER Improved Scan
☀️
(Please Read)
The doctors were very impressed by Halcie’s last brain scan, but the one today was more on the level of “shock.” I am very careful to not exaggerate this kind of stuff & if you’ve followed our journey you know that we don’t mind sharing the news as it is whether good, neutral or really bad, but the truth about this one was her doctors couldn’t wait to deliver the good news. To have two stable scans followed by two IMPROVED scans (considering they were not able to remove all of her original tumor) is highly unlikely. In her situation, chemo is essentially given to keep the tumor from growing, but to see it shrink on its own is something very different. And we’ve seen that twice now. Currently we are watching an aggressive cancer SHRINK. Read that last sentence again
👏
The first doctors remark was, “This is an unusually good scan, I don’t understand it, but I am very thankful for it.” Then her main doctor came in & said, “This is a total God thing! It’s clear to me that people are praying for you!” Our main doctor is a devoted Jesus follower so she is able to understand things from both a medical & spiritual perspective which has been very holistic/helpful for us in this. Her presence with us has been a miracle in & of itself. Today she told us that she has only had one other patient where she has seen this
👏

While we are grateful for this unlikely season of healing, we are also mindful that not everyone who trusts in the Lord receives the same reports we are getting. I want to be mindful of that. We see in the Bible that God reveals his power through healing & suffering alike & we’ve definitely experienced both of those in this process. But we want to praise God for this healing season & we want to thank everyone for their continued prayer & practical support. God has already done so much AND we still believe the best is yet to come!
Please continue to pray for healing for Halcie & for our family as we are still learning how to navigate a chronic illness as a young family.
Love you all
❤️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News