ADVERTISEMENT

Our biggest needs and.......

EyesOnTexas

Jan 23, 2016
We can't seem to land OL or DL when they could come in and get early playing time if good enough! We clean up on skill positions I just don't understand. Any opinions greatly appreciated.

We can't seem to land OL or DL when they could come in and get early playing time if good enough! We clean up on skill positions I just don't understand. Any opinions greatly appreciated.
Two coaching transitions hurt the most. Mack didn't leave us empty, but, Strong's discipline weeded out a couple of top linemen. Not Strong's fault, they chose not to follow rules. Then, we lost couple when Herman took over (I know Delance was one). Hopefully, no more coaching transitions. (my 2 cents)

Quick question I’ll just post here. It was my understanding that Mike Perrin agreed to stay on as AD through this school year, and then he was ready to move on. Is that still the case? Have we started an AD search? I ask because that’s goimg to effect not only Herman but all our coaches potential futures

Reactions: EyesOnTexas
There's no need to talk about the shortage of ol it is what it is.

What we need more than anything is to get off to a good start. If we can do that the rest of the way we can finish 8/4 cause we have played great in the second half all year.

they are aiming too high with 4-5 stars and our shitty record, just get some dam 300 plus pound monster 3 star linemen and coach them up. I think it is the coach that is the main problem, Its texas....go find the best O-Line coach in the country and throw a shitload of money at him.

We have a lot of good OL. They are mostly young or injured. There won't be early playing time for new recruits. On DL, we have some needs. We need to red shirt some guys and build quality depth. DL is more of a concern at this point.

Reactions: westx
they are aiming too high with 4-5 stars and our shitty record, just get some dam 300 plus pound monster 3 star linemen and coach them up. I think it is the coach that is the main problem, Its texas....go find the best O-Line coach in the country and throw a shitload of money at him.

Agree, but they probably weren't factoring in a shitty record when we started recruiting these guys long ago. We are just going to have to make due with some lessor known guys like the rest of the conference. It's not like we are scraping for a top 25 recruiting class. Develop some guys and win some games then worry about how we would match up against Bama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT