ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Vahe dances after beating OU

TexasTrill

Aug 2, 2014
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13893815

CRYwZChUsAAu79A.jpg

The haka has been referred to as many things but never a dance. It's actually a prayer

10 outta 10...love it. bout time we see that on a Longhorns team

I agree 100%

I personally think we should setup shop at Euless Trinity and recruit at lease one Polynesian linemen per year. They tend to grow into their bodies a little slower than other athletes but when they do become devistating linemen.

Last edited:
The haka has been referred to as many things but never a dance. It's actually a prayer.

I wouldn't say never, as ESPN, Texas247, the Longhorn Network and several others actually called it a dance. I'm sure they will correct it, if you let them know it has never been referred to as such. But no need, I looked it up myself...it's a war dance, war cry, etc. So umm, you're wrong again. I'm starting to think that you're never right.

Not a dance he is from Euless Trinity and if you have never seen them live for a football game you would know they do it before every game and after. Euless Trinity has alot of Tongans and my aunt knows alot of them she is a counselor at Trinity. Nicest people I have ever met.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Not a dance he is from Euless Trinity and if you have never seen them live for a football game you would know they do it before every game and after. Euless Trinity has alot of Tongans and my aunt knows alot of them she is a counselor at Trinity. Nicest people I have ever met.

He said it has NEVER been called a dance, that would be incorrect as several have called it a dance. You may be right, but his original comment was incorrect.

"The haka (plural is the same as singular: haka) is a traditional ancestral war cry, dance, or challenge"

"Momoa hails from Hawaii but says he's obsessed with Polynesian culture ... he even " did the Haka dance.

Better yet...read the article below.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- One of the more interesting traditions in college football is the pregame haka dance that the Hawaii football team performs before home and away games.

The Rainbow Warriors did the dance at the conclusion of pregame warmups before Saturday's game against Ohio State in Ohio Stadium. Watch the video of the dance above.

It's a tradition that started in 2006, when the Warriors reached the Sugar Bowl, and has continued since then.

The haka is a traditional war dance of the Maori people of New Zealand. It was adopted by Hawaii, and changed to include Hawaiian lyrics and movements.

So I'm going to call it a dance...but thanks.

Last edited:
The haka has been referred to as many things but never a dance. It's actually a prayer

I agree 100%

I personally think we should setup shop at Euless Trinity and recruit at lease one Polynesian linemen per year. They tend to grow into their bodies a little slower than other athletes but when they do become devistating linemen.
They have a legit RB this year and their QB is is 6'1 250 lbs who played FB last year. That QB is something special to watch, he's a freak athlete at his size and his legs are as wide as tree trunks. When he tucks and runs the ball no one is tackling him up high. Pretty rare size for a QB

I love the Haka and The All Blacks do a great job of it if you like Rugby. It can be intimidating and very up lifting! I travel to New Zealand next year and hope to see it from the Maori but loved the video shown of one of our players.

I wouldn't say never, as ESPN, Texas247, the Longhorn Network and several others actually called it a dance. I'm sure they will correct it, if you let them know it has never been referred to as such. But no need, I looked it up myself...it's a war dance, war cry, etc. So umm, you're wrong again. I'm starting to think that you're never right.

LOL look it up all you want. I have a lot of friends that are Maori, it is their culture. It's a not a dance at all, historically the Maori would stand before their enemies and do the Haka, it is a challenge, and a prayer to their ancestors for strength and courage in the coming battle. It actually has nothing to do with Tongan or Samoan culture. They have their own version, the Tongan's version is called the Sipi Tau. The Samoans call theirs the Siva Tau.

But I guess if your a American idiot that has the need to show off your ignorance of other cultures and their rituals then feel free to call it a dance.

For those that would like to learn more, here is a pretty good video of this ritual.

Since your stupidity knows no bounds, I'm done with you.

Anyone that would use Facebook as a point of reference is not worth my time.

Hilarious to see Trill getting his panties in a wad over semantics....

Your mind is probably paralyzed, so I'll type slow. He made it a point to tell me it has never been called a dance, I simply said it has been called a dance. But thanks for your input.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT