Playoff Protocol: Your opinion regarding seating courtesy......

akaRCPorky

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2009
Beginning in the 4th Qtr of a playoff game yesterday, fans for a team playing in the next game began spilling into empty seats between the fans of a school currently on the field and locked in a very tight game.

Fine.

As the game progressed an ever-increasing horde of those fans began walking up and down the aisles inquiring, "Are those seats taken?" "Are those seats taken?" Stepping down from one row to the next....."Are those seats taken?" "Are those seats taken?"

Now in its final minutes, the game's outcome is in serious doubt and one team is now driving toward the opponent's goalline for what could be the game winning score. Fans of that team on the field are now having their view of their team, in some cases THEIR OWN KIDS, blocked by a goodly number of rude, overbearing adults with no interest in who, or what is happening, down on the field......."Hey Joe! Is that seat by you empty?" "It is?!?" "Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me........."

By now this scenario was playing out up and down the aisles......

Boom! Touchdown!

"What happened?" "I missed it!!!" "Could you people in the aisles please move?" "We can't even see the game!"

"Hey buddy. We have tickets too. We have every right to get a seat as you do."

About that time grandparents behind me, with several grandchildren in tow, are approached by a man regarding empty seats on the other side of him. The granddad says the seats are taken. The seats were empty because their mother had taken all four of the kids to the bathroom.

Irritated the seat-seeker barks back, "I don't believe you."

As a fan of Texas HS football this is the first and only time I've ever witnessed anything like this.

My question for the board......

Is it asking too much of grown men and women for them to wait 15-20 minutes more before seeking a seat so as not to disrupt the view/atmosphere of the families and friends of those participants down on the field?

I'd like your opinion......

Thank you.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.