ADVERTISEMENT

Please keep in mind

That yesterday all of our freshman on defense were going up against an offense that has ten returning starters, from last year, one of the best offenses in the country. A Heisman contender, one of the best receivers in the country.
Just sayin
This is exactly what a lot of folks don't understand. They think once you don on the UT uniform. You are instantly the better player

That explains them scoring 50 on us. What explains them completely dominating us with their terrible D?

That yesterday all of our freshman on defense were going up against an offense that has ten returning starters, from last year, one of the best offenses in the country. A Heisman contender, one of the best receivers in the country.
Just sayin
Dude, Charlie is not reinventing the wheel here. You make it sound like yesterday was the first time these kids have seen that odd shaped brown ball and that Strong is having to teach them from the ground up. Wake up son.

Dude, Charlie is not reinventing the wheel here. You make it sound like yesterday was the first time these kids have seen that odd shaped brown ball and that Strong is having to teach them from the ground up. Wake up son.
I wonder when our players should start showing improvement? Some of the Texas fans on here amaze me....they hold no one accountable for what is going on......players are quitting.....unacceptable.....our schemes are a cluster*$k......Does the improvement show up all at once or after a certain amount of games?.....When do we hold coaches and players accountable?

Reactions: SoonersR4Real
I wonder when our players should start showing improvement? Some of the Texas fans on here amaze me....they hold no one accountable for what is going on......players are quitting.....unacceptable.....our schemes are a cluster*$k......Does the improvement show up all at once or after a certain amount of games?.....When do we hold coaches and players accountable?
The old adage about going with your gut feeling comes to mind. If I was in your shoes I would be livid. Not necessarily because you aren't winning all of your games but more because as I watch your team I don't see one inch of improvement from when Strong took over. In fact it can be argued that your team is in more disarray now than last year. He's already been forced to demote your OC's, the DC is ripe for demotion. There is absolutely no stability whatsoever that I see. Maybe I'm missing it? I was pissed last year at Stoops and am thankful he at least made a change on the offensive side of the ball. So far the change appears to be paying off. Only time will tell.

When we had John Blake as coach, I sweated extra points because the team had so little discipline they couldn't line up properly to block properly, we might have bad snaps, etc. That is the type of mistakes I am seeing for the Longhorns. Missed extra point, dropped punt snap, snap over the punter's head - none of these have ANYTHING to do with the competition and EVERYTHING to do with coaching!
As a Longhorn fan, I would try to be finding any positives I could for my team in the midst of this historic losing streak, but you also have to remember that these same kinds of problems were happening at the end of last season. With an entire spring practice, summer workouts, fall practice sessions, and five weeks into this season, if a team cannot line up properly, execute a proper tackle, snap a ball to a punter and get the kick away, that has nothing to do with ND, Cal, or TCU. These things are ENTIRELY on the UT coaching staff.
Personally, I think you guys have "terrific" coaches and I want to see them all signed to 10-year contracts today with your program to assure this level of oustanding play on the field! ;-)

Coaches, coaches, I'm tired of talking about coaches. As far as I'm concerned the seniors played worse than the freshman on Saturday. I don't care if it's an overused cliche. Players win games. The coaches prepare you for the game, they make the adjustments during the game. But once you're on the field it's up to the players. When we fumbled on our second offensive play I knew we were going to lose and I questioned that we were losing our composure. It took TCU three plays to score. When we got the ball back and hiked the ball ten feet over the punters head I knew that we lost our composure and this was less than five minutes into the game.

Our seniors clearly failed our team on Saturday. We only have 14 seniors and about 6 of them are starters. But with the exception of a few they have played poorly this season not just on the field but in the locker room as well. It's up to them to show the freshman where to live up, know their assignments, etc... If they're not showing it on the field how can you expect the kids to learn and this is mostly on them not the coaches. It's obvious to me that the freshman are going to have to learn to win on their own. It's obvious that TCU is a much better team. We were so close against Cal and OSU. But if they showed leadership than if nothing else we wouldn't have lost the way we did. We obviously can't do it this week. But we have a bye next week and with a week off and I think we need to make wholesale changes. We need to bench the Johnson boys, Doyle, and Flowers. On defense we need to bench Jinkens and Thomas. We have no choice with Rose. As far as I'm concerned only Shiro, Desmond, and Jon should start. D'onta is the center of the running game and I have my fingers crossed we can build the running game around him. But Jon has done fine when called upon.

As far as our coaches go this crew led Louisville to a SB win over FL, and in their last year Louisville had three number one draft picks. They obviously know how to develop players. They've had two years to develop this group of seniors and their results on the field say it all. Yes I know this is college not the NFL, they don't get paid etc... But the University of Texas is big time college football and if a player is not getting it done on the field then don't complain when you get called out. Like I said this the University of Texas football it goes with the territory.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT